2019 Week 8 - Western Illinois vs Illinois State

sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:38 pm
rocki wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 pm As is the case with a lot of media today, the radio stations are no longer locally owned. How WRMS out of Beardstown ended up broadcasting the games is beyond me, but I'm grateful they're doing it.

I don't know how that works - does the school contact the station, or does the station contact the school to make the arrangements? I don't know what the protocol would be to try and get someone to "tap into" the feed so there is a more northern presence.

Start nagging the radio stations in the Quad Cities to pick it up, and hopefully bring in some businesses ready to advertise on said station to pay for it. ;)
We were as far north as Clinton just a few short years ago.

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/8/ ... 54351.aspx

These are all little things but they all add up to something big over the long haul.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:38 pm
rocki wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 pm As is the case with a lot of media today, the radio stations are no longer locally owned. How WRMS out of Beardstown ended up broadcasting the games is beyond me, but I'm grateful they're doing it.

I don't know how that works - does the school contact the station, or does the station contact the school to make the arrangements? I don't know what the protocol would be to try and get someone to "tap into" the feed so there is a more northern presence.

Start nagging the radio stations in the Quad Cities to pick it up, and hopefully bring in some businesses ready to advertise on said station to pay for it. ;)
We were as far north as Clinton just a few short years ago.

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/8/ ... 54351.aspx
Not entirely sure that was accurate even then though. I happened to be driving home from Clinton the day we were playing a game maybe the year after that...was between Clinton and the Quad Cities when the game was on. Tuned in the station it was supposed to be on....country music. Last year I couldn't get the game on the Galesburg station either, which makes me wonder how many of those that were supposed to carry WIU football actually did.

The current "network" is all south of Macomb: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/2014/ ... 41415.aspx
I wish we could figure something out with a station out of the quad cities...something with decent range. I know it's close to Hawkeye territory and not too far from UNI-land, but still...we have a campus there, you'd think we could get something going. Maybe partner with one of the stations that broadcasts digitally to send it out over a secondary feed...even that would be better than nothing. Anyone got any connections at WLLR?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 pmLast year I couldn't get the game on the Galesburg station either, which makes me wonder how many of those that were supposed to carry WIU football actually did.
Galesburg radio station WAIK (1590 AM) went off-the-air for good on January 14, 2019.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:12 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 pmLast year I couldn't get the game on the Galesburg station either, which makes me wonder how many of those that were supposed to carry WIU football actually did.
Galesburg radio station WAIK (1590 AM) went off-the-air for good on January 14, 2019.
Well...that explains that.
sealhall74

MVFC Statistical Rankings available by clicking the link in the tweet below. No real surprises.
NDSU getting it done on the ground, us not so much.

ST, for some reason when I include the Google link in the forum post, it wants to link to the entire document instead of just the stat sheet.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 am MVFC Statistical Rankings available by clicking the link in the tweet below. No real surprises.

ST, for some reason when I include the Google link in the forum post, it wants to link to the entire document instead of just the stat sheet.
Is that if you just post the url by itself, or are you putting any tags around it? If you post the url as a link (you can put the url tags around it or use the link button Image in the interface, it should just make it a regular link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:38 am
sealhall74 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 am MVFC Statistical Rankings available by clicking the link in the tweet below. No real surprises.

Is that if you just post the url by itself, or are you putting any tags around it? If you post the url as a link (you can put the url tags around it or use the link button Image in the interface, it should just make it a regular link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true
Just by itself. My bad for not enclosing in link tags. Little confusing to say the least.
meganeck

On the coaches show, Danny tried to get some injury info out of Elliott, but Elliott wouldn't answer. Basically just said they will play with who is available. Nothing about the QB situation either, they interviewed Sampson during the show, so I assume he will be starting again Saturday.
wiu712

THREE AND OUT: WIU looks to solve third-down woes.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... ee-and-out
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Anyone willing to make a prediction on this game?
Think the Leathernecks have any fight left in them, or we just going to hope we don't get completely pummeled?