Update problems

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:03 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:11 pm Yep noticing it also, glad I'm not the only one.
A couple of days ago, Google changed how they handle serving ads, which has messed up a few things (like occasionally the way the front page display, as well as showing more ads). I have not had a chance to dig into things to figure out how to fix it, but I'm going to do that tonight. I don't want to have to ask you guys for money every year, so an unobtrusive ad at the bottom of the page is how I prefer to pay for the site...but I won't do that if they're going to put ads all over the page. I'll work on it and see if I can minimize the ads you guys are seeing.
Scott, appreciate all you do and would understand if they their is nothing you can do, if you need the ads to make money to keep this site going, then so be it.
I changed some settings with Google last night, so hopefully things are a bit less obnoxious. It doesn't always show me what you guys see because it's my account and filters ads out sometimes, so let me know if it's better (or if it's not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:29 pm
meganeck wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:03 pm

A couple of days ago, Google changed how they handle serving ads, which has messed up a few things (like occasionally the way the front page display, as well as showing more ads). I have not had a chance to dig into things to figure out how to fix it, but I'm going to do that tonight. I don't want to have to ask you guys for money every year, so an unobtrusive ad at the bottom of the page is how I prefer to pay for the site...but I won't do that if they're going to put ads all over the page. I'll work on it and see if I can minimize the ads you guys are seeing.
Scott, appreciate all you do and would understand if they their is nothing you can do, if you need the ads to make money to keep this site going, then so be it.
I changed some settings with Google last night, so hopefully things are a bit less obnoxious. It doesn't always show me what you guys see because it's my account and filters ads out sometimes, so let me know if it's better (or if it's not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks ST it seems like it’s back to normal now I just wasn’t sure if I was the only one noticing it or if everyone was.
Tere North

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm Thanks ST it seems like it’s back to normal now I just wasn’t sure if I was the only one noticing it or if everyone was.
Agreed. Back to normal. Thank you Scott :D