2019 Week 10 - Western Illinois vs South Dakota

rocki

The Coyote faithful is yelling, screaming, and basically having a shit fit over this season and this loss. Heck, with all the rehab that is going on at the Coyote Dome, all the money being spent to upgrade facilities, they are begging that some of the money be used to buy out Bob's contract. You know, BobN, former coach at WIU, national champion at D2 a number of times at MinnMorris, the guy who lied to our kids after an appearance at ISU in the playoffs. Remember him?

Yeah. I think they were ready to leave him here today. :lol: Thanks but no thanks.

I hope this game gives the team some confidence to play with. It's got to be a huge relief for them to get over that hurdle. (I still think Sampson needs a LOT of help to become an MVFC caliber QB, though) I feel badly for the guys who are seniors this year, but cautiously optimistic for the future with the youth we have on board.

Time will tell.
wiu712

Danny Frey's call of the interception with 4 seconds left in the game:

sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:19 pm So, the one thing that I have always been amazed at is just how close earning a win of getting a loss can me. A play here or a defensive stop there and WIU is 4-5 or 5-4. Take a look at the boxscores and I think you may just agree with me. A penalty here or a penalty there, a fumble, an interference call that goes the other way, missed field goal or extra point, you name it when you are loosing there are all sorts of ways to do it. Our offensive line responded today, our defensive line chased their QB all over the field and missed the chance for a number of sac's or no gains. But WIU found a way to win and SD found a way to loose.

So is Coach Elliot's job safe? Well, no coach's job is safe for very long, just ask my favorite coach, Coach Neilson. The Coyote faithful is yelling, screaming, and basically having a shit fit over this season and this loss. Heck, with all the rehab that is going on at the Coyote Dome, all the money being spent to upgrade facilities, they are begging that some of the money be used to buy out Bob's contract. You know, BobN, former coach at WIU, national champion at D2 a number of times at MinnMorris, the guy who lied to our kids after an appearance at ISU in the playoffs. Remember him?

So we should have gone to the playoffs last year. A couple of duffas penalties cost WIU a chance to move on. We graduated some very key players, some who happen to be playing currently in the CFL and NFL. And there should be a crane and a large hole in the northern end zone for our new football building. But it still looks the same. But Coach Elliot and his staff and his team have continued to compete and at times improve in all the facets of football. Lets enjoy this win and move on. The MVFC is a bitch and each week is a battle. Just ask BoBN!
Nielson has a knack for getting beat when his team dominates the stat sheet and letting the game be closer than it should be come crunch time. Same was true when he was here.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Headline on ESPN's recap says it was the first win for WIU football in 364 days.

Last win came on Nov 3 against SIU
wiu712

In a span of 24 hours, Connor Sampson earned his first win at QB and his first career MVFC weekly award.

wiu712

Football picks up first win of the season against South Dakota.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/45995/sports ... th-dakota/