2019 Roster

meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am Removed from roster:

Freshman QB L.T. Beck from Burlington - redshirt walk-on this year. It's possible it didn't look like he was going to get offered a scholarship and decided to look elsewhere.
Senior OL Reno Rosene - grad transfer from Duke. Not sure if he played at all this year (he's not showing up on the participation list). Possibly was injured during practice or something and didn't end up playing?
Yep Beck posted a note that he has entered the transfer portal
Going to be thin at the QB position again.
WIU2DC

So besides Connor who else will be on the roster for QB going into recruiting season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:So besides Connor who else will be on the roster for QB going into recruiting season?

Ogala - https://goleathernecks.com/sports/footb ... gala/17599

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote:So besides Connor who else will be on the roster for QB going into recruiting season?

Ogala - https://goleathernecks.com/sports/footb ... gala/17599

GV Dad was saying people are excited for Ogala. If my memory is correct. I also expect a lot of offers to go to QBs this recruiting season.

GV Dad

It's hard to keep a QB room full. Only one get's to play, and no one likes to sit. A team needs at least 4 to have a good spring or summer camp; we'll have 2 on the roster after the season. I bet we see at least one early JUCO qualifier if not 2 come in January. Just to have the arms to function.
sealhall74

GV Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 pm It's hard to keep a QB room full. Only one get's to play, and no one likes to sit. A team needs at least 4 to have a good spring or summer camp; we'll have 2 on the roster after the season. I bet we see at least one early JUCO qualifier if not 2 come in January. Just to have the arms to function.
I would go with just 3 and solid wildcatter.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:32 pm
GV Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 pm It's hard to keep a QB room full. Only one get's to play, and no one likes to sit. A team needs at least 4 to have a good spring or summer camp; we'll have 2 on the roster after the season. I bet we see at least one early JUCO qualifier if not 2 come in January. Just to have the arms to function.
It will be interesting to see if any of these coaches even keep their jobs. The Illinois financial mess may be the only thing that keeps them around, but if the coaches get fired, the QB position likely will be someone a new regime will want to invest in.

Is a 1 win season the worst in school history?
GV Dad

I wouldn’t be opposed to this! I wonder if Ratko can throw? 🙂💪🏼
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Necks2003 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 pm It will be interesting to see if any of these coaches even keep their jobs. The Illinois financial mess may be the only thing that keeps them around, but if the coaches get fired, the QB position likely will be someone a new regime will want to invest in.

Is a 1 win season the worst in school history?
It's not just us, very few FCS schools have the financial ability to just "eat" a HC contract for a year or two and hire someone else.

In our history, we have had 1 winless season, 1944, when we went 0-8. In the DI era, our worst record is when we went 1-10 in 2009 (the season with all the turmoil from Coach P being forced out). If we do not win another game, because it is a 12-game season, we will set the school record for most losses in a season with 11.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

GV Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm
I wouldn’t be opposed to this! I wonder if Ratko can throw? 🙂💪🏼
He originally was recruited as a QB, so I'd say that's a viable option.