How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

There's a few food trucks that show up at Forgottonia actually. Boss Food Truck, Chuckwagon Outpost, and Sandra's Mexican Food. Chuckwagon was the one there over this last weekend, but I think the other two were parked over at Chandler park.

There's probably rules preventing them from selling on campus though. I know that Sodexho has a lock down on food services on campus, with a few exceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Billy’s Bargain Barn will be going into the old CVS
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, Los Charros (the former El Rancherito) has been open for maybe a month.
https://www.facebook.com/Los-Charros-Ma ... 144764737/

I stopped there for lunch about a week and a half ago...food was good, the renovations they've made are really nice, and it was pretty busy. I've also driven by in the evenings around dinner time and it looks like it's been pretty solidly packed with people every time I've been by.
Neckfansince71

Dunkin has their act together finally in Macomb!!!! People are going to like the Starbucks too in the very near future! ;) jc
wiu712

Sounds like Five Guys Burgers is not coming to Macomb.

The thought was that Five Guys was going to occupy a part of the former Ponderosa building on East Jackson. The old Ponderosa was being subdivided into 3 retail spots.

But a recent article in the Macomb newspaper stated that Starbucks and Verizon will be moving in. And that they were still seeking someone for the remaining piece.

Starbucks is anticipating a February opening.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:14 pm Sounds like Five Guys Burgers is not coming to Macomb.

The thought was that Five Guys was going to occupy a part of the former Ponderosa building on East Jackson. The old Ponderosa was being subdivided into 3 retail spots.

But a recent article in the Macomb newspaper stated that Starbucks and Verizon will be moving in. And that they were still seeking someone for the remaining piece.

Starbucks is anticipating a February opening.
I read we have a Five Guys coming to Bettendorf, supposedly this year but the year is getting short. Love everythng about Five Guys except the calories. They do burgers and fries better than anyone else. Smashburger is a close 2nd. I thought there was a Smashburger in Bloomington, IL last time I was there but it does not show up on their locations now. Maybe I am confused.

Well, I guess this answers that.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20170113/sm ... -locations
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

When we were in town for the NIU game we stayed at the Best Western! It was obvious that work on the new Star Bucks was underway. Scott, have you been over there since I was down? How does it look! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote:When we were in town for the NIU game we stayed at the Best Western! It was obvious that work on the new Star Bucks was underway. Scott, have you been over there since I was down? How does it look! ;) jc
Looks like it's still under construction at this point. Not much that looks like a Starbucks at this point other than the "coming soon" sign.

In other news, the furniture store going into the old CVS (old Osco for you older folks) is now open.

Also, a new Chicago style hot dog and Italian beef place is open about a block West of Chandler park across from the funeral home there. I haven't eaten there yet, but hope to soon.

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:55 pm
Neckfansince71 wrote:When we were in town for the NIU game we stayed at the Best Western! It was obvious that work on the new Star Bucks was underway. Scott, have you been over there since I was down? How does it look! ;) jc
Looks like it's still under construction at this point. Not much that looks like a Starbucks at this point other than the "coming soon" sign.

In other news, the furniture store going into the old CVS (old Osco for you older folks) is now open.

Also, a new Chicago style hot dog and Italian beef place is open about a block West of Chandler park across from the funeral home there. I haven't eaten there yet, but hope to soon.

I wondered what ever happened to that Chicago dog place cause it was supposed to be open like a year ago.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:15 pm I wondered what ever happened to that Chicago dog place cause it was supposed to be open like a year ago.
Here's more info: https://www.facebook.com/DowntownMacomb ... 4605350310

Also we'll be getting a car wash in front of the Hampton Inn: https://www.facebook.com/MAEDCO/photos/ ... =3&theater