2020 Roster Changes

GV Dad

[media] [/media]
GV Dad

Twins are officially gone. Wish them well, but not a big loss for us.
Tere North

Heck, how about some much-needed coaching changes :shock: No, our talent is not at the top of the league, but it far below the bottom where we ended up with 1 win :x
Neckfansince71

Let's let Coach Elliot and staff work through this! They were not dealt exactly a superior hand. I think GV will agree that we have some of the pieces, but they need those pieces and a mix of others to get out of the woods. I really think that as WIU gets back on it's feet financially and attendance wise the football program will follow. ;) jc
GV Dad

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 am Let's let Coach Elliot and staff work through this! They were not dealt exactly a superior hand. I think GV will agree that we have some of the pieces, but they need those pieces and a mix of others to get out of the woods. I really think that as WIU gets back on it's feet financially and attendance wise the football program will follow. ;) jc
I do agree that we have some nice pieces in place. Do I think we have all the pieces, of course not. Do I agree with every decision the staff is making, no. But I am still 100% behind the staff. I think there’s a lot to be said for consistency in a program. And it’s been several years since Western has returned the same staff as the year before. How many DCs in a row have we had for 1 year, at least 3 or 4? Definitely need some immediate help in this class. Speculation with the future of the staff won’t help that.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Freshman RB Jordan Shippers is heading out to walk-on at K-State:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:33 am Freshman RB Jordan Shippers is heading out to walk-on at K-State:
Great reporting dude, he played in 8 games and no his redshirt is NOT intact. I remember being really pissed when he entered his 5th game to carry the ball twice and lost his redshirt. Maybe coach knew he was leaving and didn't care if he lost it. Would make me feel better about his decision making.

Good luck to Jordan. Hopefully we don't miss him and next 3 years are dominated by Clayton Scott.
meganeck

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:21 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:33 am Freshman RB Jordan Shippers is heading out to walk-on at K-State:
Great reporting dude, he played in 8 games and no his redshirt is NOT intact. I remember being really pissed when he entered his 5th game to carry the ball twice and lost his redshirt. Maybe coach knew he was leaving and didn't care if he lost it. Would make me feel better about his decision making.

Good luck to Jordan. Hopefully we don't miss him and next 3 years are dominated by Clayton Scott.
I think you are misinterpreting what he is saying, his redshirt is still intact, so can still redshirt. He will be a true Sophomore, so 4 years to play 3.

This is a bummer looked like Shippers might be a good one, weird that he is going to be a DB. When i first read it I was think he was leaving for Kent St.
Hopefully DeShon Gavin sticks around, i would bet he will be 1 or 2 on the depth chart next year.
Last edited by meganeck on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
letsgonecks

meganeck wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:21 am

I think you are misinterpreting what he is saying, his redshirt is still intact, so can still redshirt. He will be a true Sophomore, so 4 years to play 3.

This is a bummer looked like Shippers might be a good one, weird that he is going to be a DB. When i first read it I was think he was leaving for Kent St.
Hopefully DeShon Gavin sticks around, i would beat he will be 1 or 2 on the depth chart next year.
You are correct sir. Thanks for pointing that out, my bad.
GV Dad

[/quote]

Who is Clayton Scott?