How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Neckfansince71

I know that people who have not been back to Macomb for a while are disappointed by the square. My question is always, did you head east toward the Hampton and Best Western. There is a ton of places in that area which is not a surprise for towns like the one I grew up in or Macomb. They need to fill the square with bistros and quaint shops. ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote:I know that people who have not been back to Macomb for a while are disappointed by the square. My question is always, did you head east toward the Hampton and Best Western. There is a ton of places in that area which is not a surprise for towns like the one I grew up in or Macomb. They need to fill the square with bistros and quaint shops. ;) jc
There's still some of that (and a new "Mediterranean" food place apparently going in at the newer old Pags location), but it's tough with online shopping. The camera store I used to run went out of business a year after I left and the only reason they were able to hold on that long was selling tvs (with free setup and delivery)... Mostly because of Walmart and Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Is the Mediterranian place open yet?
wiu712

Tere North wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:47 amIs the Mediterranian place open yet?
Mili's King Gyros is open at 15 East Side Square.
https://www.facebook.com/Miliskinggyros
wiu712

The Italian Express on West Jackson (next to the Dairy Queen) has closed indefinitely. They had been in business for 10 years.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:01 pm The Italian Express on West Jackson (next to the Dairy Queen) has closed indefinitely. They had been in business for 10 years.
I kind of wondered what happened to the owners cause I had seen them in awhile I went in a couple of weeks ago and the service definitely wasn’t the same without them around.
wiu712

The Italian Express closed after the end of business on Friday night (Dec 20).

They posted the following notice:

"After 10 years of serving the Macomb area, we are sad to inform everyone that we are closing indefinitely tonight. Food is limited so the earlier you come, the better the chance to get anything. We are open until 9pm. Thank you again to all the dedicated customers and have a Merry Christmas."
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:21 pm The Italian Express closed after the end of business on Friday night (Dec 20).

They posted the following notice:

"After 10 years of serving the Macomb area, we are sad to inform everyone that we are closing indefinitely tonight. Food is limited so the earlier you come, the better the chance to get anything. We are open until 9pm. Thank you again to all the dedicated customers and have a Merry Christmas."
From what I heard, the owners of the building were wanting to sell it and something about the situation wasn't going to be compatible with Italian Express still being there.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

They are not open yet. But the signs are up at the new Starbucks and Verizon Center which are inside the old Ponderosa building on East Jackson.

The remaining one-third of the Ponderosa building is still vacant.
Neckfansince71

How about a picture!!!! ;) jc