2019 End of Season Around the FCS, etc.

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
sealhall74

NDSU survives thanks to some terrible clock management by JMU in the last two minutes.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

NDSU wins it 28-20. Freshman Trey Lance is also the first freshman and first MVFC player to win the Payton Award.

Thankfully for us, we don't play NDSU the next two years, so maybe by the time we do and he's a senior, he'll have done a grad transfer to an FBS or something.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Attendance for the championship game in Frisco, Texas = 17,866
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:54 pm NDSU wins it 28-20. Freshman Trey Lance is also the first freshman and first MVFC player to win the Payton Award.

Thankfully for us, we don't play NDSU the next two years, so maybe by the time we do and he's a senior, he'll have done a grad transfer to an FBS or something.
Seemed like this game was a battle of 2 philosophies - NDSU seems to go mainly building their program with high school players and James Madison seemed to have more transfers from Power 5 programs. I haven't compared rosters but just watching the game that is what it seemed like.

Also I wonder if NDSU will have a lot of turnover at QB, because anybody currently on the roster know they won't be playing the next 3 years.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:20 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:54 pm NDSU wins it 28-20. Freshman Trey Lance is also the first freshman and first MVFC player to win the Payton Award.

Seemed like this game was a battle of 2 philosophies - NDSU seems to go mainly building their program with high school players and James Madison seemed to have more transfers from Power 5 programs. I haven't compared rosters but just watching the game that is what it seemed like.

Also I wonder if NDSU will have a lot of turnover at QB, because anybody currently on the roster know they won't be playing the next 3 years.
The kid is probably good enough to declare after his junior year.
Embrace the pace of the race.