Future Football Schedules

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Gonna call this a "strong rumor" at this point. Got an email through one of my automated feed things saying that we'd scheduled a series with Eastern Kentucky in 2024 and 2025, but then when I went to the link for the article, it didn't show up. So, I don't know if the final details aren't quite worked out yet or what, but here's the text of what I received:
The Eastern Kentucky Colonels and the Western Illinois Leathernecks have scheduled a home-and-home football series for 2024 and 2025, FBSchedules.com has learned.

A copy of the competition contract was obtained from Eastern Kentucky University via a state open records request.

In the first game of the series, Eastern Kentucky will host Western Illinois at Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond, Ky., on September 14, 2024. The Colonels will travel to play the Leathernecks the following season at Hanson Field in Macomb, Ill., on September 13, 2025.

Eastern Kentucky, a member of the Ohio Valley Conference, and Western Illinois, a member of the Missouri Valley Football Conference, have never met on the gridiron.
EDIT - make it official: https://fbschedules.com/eastern-kentuck ... ll-series/
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And for those of you who REALLY like to make your plans early, we're playing at Purdue in 2028: https://fbschedules.com/purdue-adds-wes ... -schedule/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Update to our schedule. Technically, it's an update to someone else's, but it impacts us.
Indiana State has put out their 2020 schedule, which has allowed me to fill in some of the dates and make a few educated guesses based on other teams' schedules.

First off, we were already aware we don't play North Dakota State for the next two years, but now we also know that we don't play Missouri State either. So...it's kinda an even trade. Nearly "assured" loss and one of our better chances at a win. In a year where we're somewhere in the middle of the field, those games would usually get us 1-1.

We now know for sure that we're hosting the Sycamores on 11/21, the last game of the regular season (the Saturday before Thanksgiving). Also, because of games that INSU is playing, assuming our bye week is 9/26 (week 4 of the regular season), then it looks like we'll host UNI on 10/10, host YSU on 11/7, and play at SIU on 11/14.

I've updated the first post of this thread (https://www.leathernecknation.net/forum ... 5330#p5330) with that information and put the "estimated" games in italics, so you can see what it looks like our schedule will most likely be next year.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

YSU released their official schedule, so our date next season against them on 11/7 is confirmed.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Someone posted UNI's schedule on AGS, which confirms our game against them at Hanson Field on 10/10/2020.

That leaves two unofficial/open dates left: Week 4 (9/26) and Week 11 (11/14). One of those dates is our bye week (probably Week 4), and one will be against SIU (probably Week 11).
wiu712

Western Illinois Leathernecks Post-season Capsule.
From Prairie State Pigskin:
http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state ... capsule-4/
wiu712

Five burning questions for Western Illinois Football in 2020.
From Prairie State Pigskin:
http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state ... s-in-2020/
WIU2DC

Any idea when the schedule is gonna be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:21 pm Any idea when the schedule is gonna be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully before the first game! It's a freaking joke how that website is run.