vs North Dakota State

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 am Hosiers playing in Macomb?! Indiana is not just any P-5 team. To this day I can't believe it happened.

Now when do we get a shot in football with LSU in Macomb?
It was a pretty cool experience, but honestly, I think that game against South Dakota in 2013 was even more exciting. Had over 5k fans there and actually had a decent chance at winning it (which we did, 61-59), as opposed to the Indiana game in November 2005 when we got beat 102-79. Plus, in that 2013 game, it was mostly WIU fans there cheering. The Indiana game felt like an "away game" that just happened to be on our home court.

As for any FBS coming to Macomb...that's never going to happen. Outside of a few rare exceptions, FBS teams do not play at FCS schools.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

That Indiana game at Western Hall was played on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Most of the students were still out of town.

If that game had been played when school was in session, it would have been standing-room only.

The attendance for that Indiana game was 5,021.
vatusay

Yep, Scott, that SDSU game was a great atmosphere. Miss that team.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 am
Western_101 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 am Hosiers playing in Macomb?! Indiana is not just any P-5 team. To this day I can't believe it happened.

Now when do we get a shot in football with LSU in Macomb?
It was a pretty cool experience, but honestly, I think that game against South Dakota in 2013 was even more exciting. Had over 5k fans there and actually had a decent chance at winning it (which we did, 61-59), as opposed to the Indiana game in November 2005 when we got beat 102-79. Plus, in that 2013 game, it was mostly WIU fans there cheering. The Indiana game felt like an "away game" that just happened to be on our home court.

As for any FBS coming to Macomb...that's never going to happen. Outside of a few rare exceptions, FBS teams do not play at FCS schools.
Yes, of course I was joking about any FBS let alone and SEC team coming to Macomb. However, I do think Ball State and ISU scheduled a home and home 'bout four years ago that Ball State ended up buying out (somewhat predictably).