vs North Dakota

wiu712

North Dakota had 33 Free Throw attempts (made 29).

Western had 19 Free Throw attempts (made 13).
leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:12 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:22 pm John Floyd should be embarrassed for himself his crew and the league tonight. That was the worst performance I’ve seen by one official in a game. There were so many missed calls and calls that he made that were terrible.
Their guard got bailed out EVERY time driving to rim out of control with a foul. I haven’t looked at the box score but he had to have taken 20 free throws.
it just ticks me off because it’s the second year a row that we got hosed at home against them. Last year me got called for a foul on a three against them that cost us the game. The fouls are one thing but then the damn travel that he called on Kobe 3 that would have given us the lead then on the inbound when the ball was bouncing around the ball hit Billy when he was clearly standing out of bounds. Let’s not forget the no goaltending at the end of regulation. I’m not even someone who complains a lot about officiating unless I’m at the game I don’t do it on the internet much.
sealhall74

The F'Hawks started two guys 6'9". Good luck keeping your lone big guy on the court out of foul trouble against them.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:39 pm NO replay of the alleged traveling violation. Maybe a good thing or I would have tossed my computer against the wall.
May have dreamt this, but pretty sure after the call, one of their assistant coaches said something to the official who made the call. Almost like a thanks for the call, but not in a way of cheating, but more of a "he must have told the official earlier to watch that move and that they believe it's a travel".

Again, not 100% here, but would love to watch the replay and the seconds that follow.

Horribly officiated game. Glad the guys came back, but this team should be fighting for middle of the pack and not second to last. Need a new start for this program and sorry, but has to start at the top. Hopefully the AD already has some targets in mind.
wiu712

Current Summit League Standings:
South Dakota State 11-2
North Dakota State 10-2
South Dakota 9-4
Oral Roberts 7-6
Omaha 6-6
North Dakota 6-6
Purdue Fort Wayne 5-8
Western Illinois 2-11
Denver 1-12

There will be a battle for the final spot in the Conference Tournament between Western and Denver.

Each team has 3 games left.

Denver:
Feb 20 vs Oral Roberts.
Feb 26 at Purdue Fort Wayne.
Feb 29 vs Western.

Western:
Feb 20 vs Omaha.
Feb 27 at Oral Roberts.
Feb 29 at Denver.

Denver's one conference win was against Omaha (91-76).

Western has conference wins over South Dakota (82-75) and Denver (86-80).
sealhall74

It sure would be nice to lock up that 8 seed before the final game against Denver.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Best case scenario:

Denver loses to Oral Roberts and Purdue Fort Wayne.

Western wins the "Senior Day" game with Omaha on Saturday.
wiu712

Men’s hoops pick up seventh straight loss.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/47049/sports ... ight-loss/
wiu712

After tough loss, WIU turns attention to week ahead.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... week-ahead
Western_101

Why should any player expend any energy at this point. Why should any Western backer have any delusion of Division I Mens Basketball in Macomb ever mattering? Wright will leave and we will hire someone green (for 100,000) and this person will think.... at least for a year or two that they can change things. ...................................................Nope.

Have to change the culture.

Have to upgrade facilities. (facilities sell recruits to a large degree).