Time to Fire Billy Wright and Rebuild the Basketball Program

TheBatOfWesternHall

rocki wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:59 am
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:57 pm
Necks2003 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 am Bat man reminded me of a time when a bat actually flew and got stuck in my roommates bedroom when we were undergrads at Western. It was funny at the time due to he was shrieking like it was the end of the world, but he unfortunately had to swat it with a tennis racket to put it out of its misery.
Bat man? Who says I'm a man bat? The intolerance and stereotyping done in this group is astounding! I will only endorse one man for coach! The Bat of Western Hall declares the Leathernecks should chase after the one the only William (Billy) Wright for coach to get the program back on track.
Seriously???????? Lighten up, Francis!!! The simple fact is most of us grew up reading Batman comics or watching the TV show/movies using the same lead character - and he was a dude, thus our collective idea of his namesake being a dude. Also, what magic wand do you have that would make year 7 THE year that WIU Men's BB turns the corner into a successful program? I am of the opinion that if something hasn't worked in the previous 6 years, it's time for a change - Lord knows if I was in a job that underperformed like that I'd be looking for brighter horizons.

Now, back to the rafters with you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't need a magic wand, just basketball brains. My name isn't Francis for goodness sakes.
rocki

TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 am
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:57 pm

Bat man? Who says I'm a man bat? The intolerance and stereotyping done in this group is astounding! I will only endorse one man for coach! The Bat of Western Hall declares the Leathernecks should chase after the one the only William (Billy) Wright for coach to get the program back on track.
Seriously???????? Lighten up, Francis!!! The simple fact is most of us grew up reading Batman comics or watching the TV show/movies using the same lead character - and he was a dude, thus our collective idea of his namesake being a dude. Also, what magic wand do you have that would make year 7 THE year that WIU Men's BB turns the corner into a successful program? I am of the opinion that if something hasn't worked in the previous 6 years, it's time for a change - Lord knows if I was in a job that underperformed like that I'd be looking for brighter horizons.

Don't need a magic wand, just basketball brains. My name isn't Francis for goodness sakes.
:roll: It's called a sense of humor - get one, they're fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheBatOfWesternHall

rocki wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:02 am
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 am

:roll: It's called a sense of humor - get one, they're fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A sense of humor would take away my time for eating bugs and discussing basketball
vatusay

Don’t feed the trolls. Or bats. Whatever. He can’t help he only watches the games hanging upside down.

Or, batman might be Billy’s burner. Pulling a KD on us.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

For those that might like to see another fan base's point of view I introduce. ////Warning content contains self righteous speak and much denigration of Western Illinois University as a whole.////

Take a look http://pjstarforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=105026

I seem to recall the JoAnne Glasser and Michael Cross debacle 10 years ago that swayed maybe half the base into believing Bradley should go D-II and play on campus at their 4,000 seat arena. Bradley enrollment had also dipped by 20%.

Glass houses? Meh probably just Douche bags. This however will taint my impression of Bradley for years. Fu*k you elitest pricks.
vatusay

Why doesn’t wiu ever play Bradley? Or why doesn’t anyother MVC school vs Summit? I haven’t seen or heard anything about Bradley basketball since Thomas Bryant graduated.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Bradley is like Western in one way. Their "Heyday" in men's basketball was also in the late 1950s. Since then, a hit every now and then but mostly misses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_B ... basketball
Embrace the pace of the race.
TheBatOfWesternHall

vatusay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:05 am Don’t feed the trolls. Or bats. Whatever. He can’t help he only watches the games hanging upside down.

Or, batman might be Billy’s burner. Pulling a KD on us.
I don't watch games, bats are blind genius. I have to use echolocation which is better than sight, I have the science to back it up. Open a book sometime. That's how I know I'm right and everyone else is wrong. They don't watch the games like I do.
vatusay

Got me, totally forgot. Sorry, bat, that knows the English language and the skills to use a computer or phone.
#ALLIN #YOLO
TheBatOfWesternHall

vatusay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:15 pm Got me, totally forgot. Sorry, bat, that knows the English language and the skills to use a computer or phone.
I learned all these skills by myself, I was the best in my class. English isn't even my first language