New Head Coach

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Necks2003 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:07 pm Losing Kobe is tough. He made some key buckets during his career and was fun to watch. Obviously....wish he would have felt out the new coach before making the change to Nebraska. He was on pace to likely make our Athletics Hall of Fame. Wish him well!

Hopefully he can keep the remaining talent on board. There is plenty of talent....someone just needs to change up an offensive and defensive scheme on a regular basis. Being the worst defensive team in the country is why this team seems to struggle. Hopefully a couple of changes get made and we surprise the WORLD!
Considering how many years he spent with Bo Ryan I don’t think defense will be a problem.
meganeck

Necks2003 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:07 pm Losing Kobe is tough. He made some key buckets during his career and was fun to watch. Obviously....wish he would have felt out the new coach before making the change to Nebraska. He was on pace to likely make our Athletics Hall of Fame. Wish him well!

Hopefully he can keep the remaining talent on board. There is plenty of talent....someone just needs to change up an offensive and defensive scheme on a regular basis. Being the worst defensive team in the country is why this team seems to struggle. Hopefully a couple of changes get made and we surprise the WORLD!
I think someone reported that Kobe was leaving even if Billy was retained. So Sounds like Kobe was leaving no matter what.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 pm
Yep from everything I've seen people really like him. Milwaukee got a new AD and for some reason, she didn't like Jeter. So sounds like really didn't deserve to be fired. Also sounds like he really gets involved with the community, so that is a plus also. Now the important thing will be to see what kind of staff he puts together.
leatherneckcountry

I have to give Danelle credit I was really wondering if she could find and hire a quality HC and in my opinion she knocked it out of the park.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Considering how many years he spent with Bo Ryan I don’t think defense will be a problem.
On the other hand, you could say the same thing about Billy and Mo. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:59 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 pm
Yep from everything I've seen people really like him. Milwaukee got a new AD and for some reason, she didn't like Jeter. So sounds like really didn't deserve to be fired. Also sounds like he really gets involved with the community, so that is a plus also. Now the important thing will be to see what kind of staff he puts together.
looks like his staff really liked him as well as his assistants stayed with him for quite awhile. One is now a juco coach and another is an assistant at Wright St.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:00 pm I have to give Danelle credit I was really wondering if she could find and hire a quality HC and in my opinion she knocked it out of the park.
I agree, i think she deserves credit for what looks like to be a good hire.
LeatherCy

The AD at UW-M turned his firing into a circus. Google her press conf after Jeter was fired. All you need to know!