New HC Rob Jeter

sealhall74

Might be worth taking a look at Will Carius who is grad transferring from Monmouth College. 6'7" and was averaging 27 points and 12 boards before suffering an early season injury this year. Averaged 25 and 11 during his junior year.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Getting to know you: Coach Rob Jeter embracing WIU, Macomb.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... wiu-macomb
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

His official bio page is now up on the athletics website: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/mens- ... jeter/2386
I'm sure he's still working on getting his staff together. Grad assistants are the only other ones currently listed as "on staff".
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Necks2003

At least under coach Wright social distancing at any of the basketball games would never been much of an issue.

Hopefully, Jeter get's enough people to the games so that social distancing measures are actually necessary.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:20 pm Might be worth taking a look at Will Carius who is grad transferring from Monmouth College. 6'7" and was averaging 27 points and 12 boards before suffering an early season injury this year. Averaged 25 and 11 during his junior year.
Good call Seal... Will announced today he is transferring to WIU
wiu712

As noted above:

Excited to announce that I am committing to Western IL for my final year of eligibility and to earn my graduates degree! Dog face #BeenADog
LeatherCy

Heard today Jeter is going after Carius from Monmouth .
LeatherCy

Looks like we got him! I was surprised to receive a call from Coach Jeter today. He's still in Mnpls listing his home, recruiting, looking on line at homes in Macomb. When I asked about Asst Coaches he told me he was bringing two from Highland CC. At least one has worked with him before. He also said he's bringing in another with Chicago ties. We discussed establishing relationships with H.S. and C.C. coaches in Peoria, Quincy, St. Louis, Quad Cities all within easy driving distance of Macomb in addition to Chicago.
meganeck

LeatherCy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:15 pm Looks like we got him! I was surprised to receive a call from Coach Jeter today. He's still in Mnpls listing his home, recruiting, looking on line at homes in Macomb. When I asked about Asst Coaches he told me he was bringing two from Highland CC. At least one has worked with him before. He also said he's bringing in another with Chicago ties. We discussed establishing relationships with H.S. and C.C. coaches in Peoria, Quincy, St. Louis, Quad Cities all within easy driving distance of Macomb in addition to Chicago.
Cy,
thanks for the info from your call with Coach Jeter. I hope he looks to recruit the whole state of Iowa. It pained me to see the other Summit League teams recruit the state of Iowa while Billy ignored it. Yes makes sense to recruit those areas, plus I assume we will emphasize Wisconsin (Milwaukee) and probably Minnesota.