Fans or No Fans?

Leathernecks1092

What is everyone's prediction on whether or not they will allow fans at Western football fans this upcoming season? If fans are allowed, how will they determine who is allowed entrance?
sealhall74

Fans in attendance yes. The Peach Blossoms making the rounds to ensure proper social distancing. Violators get a "shot" from their plungers. :lol: :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

I see the NCAA making the decision, not Western, and I think the decision will be no fans.

Sure, with the numbers of fans we get at games you could social distance them, but they won't do it themselves.

But at other schools, social distancing is impossible unless they adhere to a specific butt in specific seat policy and then have some kind of lottery to determine which butt gets which seat for which game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:59 pm I see the NCAA making the decision, not Western, and I think the decision will be no fans.

Sure, with the numbers of fans we get at games you could social distance them, but they won't do it themselves.

But at other schools, social distancing is impossible unless they adhere to a specific butt in specific seat policy and then have some kind of lottery to determine which butt gets which seat for which game.
This is my guess at this point as well. We could social distance considering our numbers lately (although people won't want to at tailgating and stuff), but plenty of schools wouldn't be able to make it work. Unfortunately, I'd also expect that you won't see the band there either.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

This will probably be a decision that is made at the state level.

This photo is from a football game at Georgia Tech in 1918.
wiu712

Iowa State announced today that football home games will be played at no more than 50% capacity, That means no more than 30,000 fans.

About 22,000 season tickets have been renewed, leaving about 8,000 seats to be filled.
wiu712

The Texas governor has just issued an order saying that outdoor stadiums will be allowed to host fans up to 25% of their capacity.
wiu51

OR do we have to play all away games? The John Deere Classic was scheduled then canceled yesterday. The Nascar race is canceled for this year. Will the state allow games to be played in the state of Illinois this fall? I know it is a reach but it's one that needs to be considered.
wiu712

Iowa Hawkeyes AD Gary Barta says the goal is a full Kinnick Stadium this fall,

Iowa has sold 36,000 tickets so far for 2020. That’s more than 50 percent of Kinnick Stadium (69,250 capacity).

Barta also said there will be tailgating when/if football returns. He doesn’t know where or what it will look like, but he didn’t shy away from the question.
wiu712

The FCS is ready to get back to football, but how will it be pulled off?
From Yahoo Sports:
https://sports.yahoo.com/fcs-ready-back ... ncaaf.html