Basketball Recruits - 2020

vatusay

Irvin is a huge hire. I really really hope this season gives us at least a glimpse of this programs future. I won’t expect too much for the first year especially if the current world doesn’t get back to normal. BUT I am pretty darned excited to go watch this team play. I sincerely home the community gets behind the coaching staff and players. Could be the start of something special at western hall.
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:17 pm I know that there is still one more big fish out there that we can hopefully get.
You have my undivided attention....
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

It will be interesting to see how much respect we get when the preseason polls come out. I am thinking we might come in about middle of the pack with this cast of characters.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm It will be interesting to see how much respect we get when the preseason polls come out. I am thinking we might come in about middle of the pack with this cast of characters.
I am guessing not much....but hopefully and underdog mentality is what they need to get back and used to winning again!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm It will be interesting to see how much respect we get when the preseason polls come out. I am thinking we might come in about middle of the pack with this cast of characters.
The only stuff I've seen haven't been the "official" preseason polls, just fans or other articles. Most are projecting us at last in the conference because of all the turnover and the fact that a lot of our transfers are from lower-division schools. I'm not bothered at this point...until we see them on the court, we don't really have any idea how they're going to play together. Obviously there's a lot of potential, but we just don't know yet. Nice thing is, we can only exceed our expectations. Getting picked last is good "bulletin board material".
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Stuart has already ready reopened his recruitment
Necks2003

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:39 pm Stuart has already ready reopened his recruitment
I wonder with the Pearson pickup from UAB if that took his scholarship? Not sure where they are on open scholarships. It seems they should still have a couple.
leatherneckcountry

Necks2003 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:47 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:39 pm Stuart has already ready reopened his recruitment
I wonder with the Pearson pickup from UAB if that took his scholarship? Not sure where they are on open scholarships. It seems they should still have a couple.
Stuart committed after Pearson I think we may have one or two open