Athletics Dept Staff

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
vatusay

What in the wide world is going on in macVegas
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:01 pm What in the wide world is going on in macVegas

Well, I know in Danielle's case, she is leaving for another job opportunity...outside of higher ed and athletics, much lower profile, and I think a shorter commute (but I'm not 100% certain on that).
I don't think it means anything much outside of the usual problem of people being able to get jobs elsewhere that pay quite a bit more (that's been a huge issue in uTech the last few years...many jobs you can earn double in the private sector what you were making at WIU and get to work from home...hard to compete with that). I don't know anything about pay for Danielle, but it's probably a much lower stress job than a DI AD.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
loyalfan

I agree with Seal...national search..new blood is needed brought in.  May not be the answer, but then again I think an outside perspective can’t hurt at this point.

meganeck

Anybody hearing anything about the AD search? Any idea when interviews will be or when they hope to hire someone.
LeatherCy

I thought of Paul Bubb right away. As was previously stated the selection committee recommended Paul for the job but Jackie T. knew Paul wouldn't put up with his BS so he vetoed him and hand picked Danielle. 
may know

I didn’t realize how young Danielle was (36 years old).

Thanks and best of luck to her. 
LeatherCy

Scherer (sp?) was also Brad Bainter's kids' coach at Elmhurst College.
meganeck

meganeck wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:57 am Anybody hearing anything about the AD search? Any idea when interviews will be or when they hope to hire someone.

Once again I ask, any word on the AD search?
sealhall74

Hearing nothing from nobody tells me it will be an internal transfer announced at end of semester.
Embrace the pace of the race.