AD Search

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
meganeck

Both seem like good candidates to me. Bubb would know WIU and what he is getting into, but in a way would be nice for an outsider who doesn't have any preconceived notions of WIU and maybe bring a fresh perspective to the athletics program.
sealhall74

I guess if you are in the athletic director career field, you can hire and/or manage the coaches and staff but the number of conference championships and NCAA appearances derived on your watch are totally irrelevant.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Quick reminder, the interviews with the AD candidates are today and Friday from 3:20 to 4:10.
Anyone interested in viewing the interviews can register for the zoom link at the itinerary pages.
Paul Bubb - http://www.wiu.edu/employment/athletic_ ... r/bubb.php
Kent Hegenauer - http://www.wiu.edu/employment/athletic_ ... enauer.php
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I do hope the facilities tour includes a walk up the Hanson Field steps into the Press Box.  Seriously.  I will be zooming in.
Embrace the pace of the race.
LeatherCy

I was told Paul was the choice of the selection committee last time but Thomas vetoed Paul and chose Suprenant. Enough said there!

I wasn't able to watch the open session for Paul but did for Kent. Kent has been a lot of places and has the experience but no one knows what we need for Western Athletics more than Paul. Give him the keys and let him start driving now.

Huang told us at the last Alumni Council meeting he wanted to have a new AD in place my June 1st. It would have been nice to have new AD in place by the Leatherneck Open which kicks off with the social Sunday night. 
Neckfansince71

LeatherCy,

I am not going to be able to make it to Macomb for the LC golf outing this year.  Grandchild 2 is being baptized tomorrow afternoon with a party after so I will be staying close to home the next couple of days.  I think we need a seasoned veteran to steer the good ship WIU for the next couple of years and I agree with your choice.  Give Paul the keys and lets get moving! ;)
 jc
Neckfansince71

LeatherCy,

I am not going to be able to make it to Macomb for the LC golf outing this year.  Grandchild 2 is being baptized tomorrow afternoon with a party after so I will be staying close to home the next couple of days.  I think we need a seasoned veteran to steer the good ship WIU for the next couple of years and I agree with your choice.  Give Paul the keys and lets get moving! ;)
 jc

LeatherCy

Anyone attend the social Sunday night? Golf Monday? Anything said about the AD selection. I remember last year the AD didn't even attend the Sunday night social!!!
wiu51

We didn't get into town until Monday so I can't comment on the social but nothing important was said during the golf outing. I was disappointed the President didn't make an appearance. One individual I spoke to within the athletic dept said both candidates interviewed well and they believed either would make a good AD, they did a good job toeing the company line.  
wiu712

The Western Illinois University Board of Trustees will hold its regular quarterly meeting Thursday-Friday, June 9-10 in the Multicultural Center (MCC) on the WIU-Macomb campus.

The Board will convene in a closed session beginning at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 9 in the Multicultural Center Board Room 208 for the purpose of considering matters provided for in 5 ILCS 120/2c. The full Board agenda and supporting materials can be found at wiu.edu/bot.

The WIU Board's open meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. Friday, June 10 in the multipurpose room on the first floor of the MCC. The Board meeting will be live-streamed (audio livestream only) on WIU's YouTube Channel at youtube.com/user/WesternIllinoisU