Tillman Hall

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
wiu712

Tillman Hall closing on the WIU campus after the next school year.
From KHQA-TV-7 News:
https://khqa.com/news/local/tillman-hal ... chool-year

sealhall74

IIRC, I had only one class in Tillman back in the day (combined geology/astronomy or something like that) which is one more than I had in more than I had in Simpson.  Was lucky enough to proficiency out of all that Frosh English stuff.  Does that $0.5B deferred maintenance include parking lot repair?  While the sidewalks were in pretty good shape on my bike ride through campus a couple weeks back, the parking lots were downright treacherous for an old fart like me on two wheels.  I bike to the YMCA in Davenport several times a week and pass through a couple of school parking lots.  Seems their strategy is to identify a parking lot stretch to repair with new asphalt patch.  Obviously, the whole lot is out of reach but you tackle a little of it every year.  Makes sense to me.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:04 pm IIRC, I had only one class in Tillman back in the day (combined geology/astronomy or something like that) which is one more than I had in more than I had in Simpson.  Was lucky enough to proficiency out of all that Frosh English stuff.  Does that $0.5B deferred maintenance include parking lot repair?  While the sidewalks were in pretty good shape on my bike ride through campus a couple weeks back, the parking lots were downright treacherous for an old fart like me on two wheels.  I bike to the YMCA in Davenport several times a week and pass through a couple of school parking lots.  Seems their strategy is to identify a parking lot stretch to repair with new asphalt patch.  Obviously, the whole lot is out of reach but you tackle a little of it every year.  Makes sense to me.

It probably does include parking lots. I know the Seal parking lot is horrible (I work in Seal Hall). I don't think you could ride a bike across that one without going over your handlebars and faceplanting into the concrete.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000