2022-2023 School Year

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We won't know for sure until after "10th Day" (2 weeks into the semester...that's when the official numbers are calculated that are reported and published), but it looks like total enrollment will be up a bit this year, as will be new freshman enrollment. It sounds like we might hear something new about the Performing Arts Center very soon, and there's a few other things in the works that could be exciting. I feel like things are finally starting to "look up" for Western.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:47 am We won't know for sure until after "10th Day" (2 weeks into the semester...that's when the official numbers are calculated that are reported and published), but it looks like total enrollment will be up a bit this year, as will be new freshman enrollment. It sounds like we might hear something new about the Performing Arts Center very soon, and there's a few other things in the works that could be exciting. I feel like things are finally starting to "look up" for Western.

Personally, I thought they were starting to look up under Dr. Abraham. But the BOT refused the see the good he had done, instead hiring someone who then fires the Martin when he took on the Provost job he was originally hired to do.

I can only hope the positive mojo started by Dr. Abraham is not lost.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:19 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:47 am We won't know for sure until after "10th Day" (2 weeks into the semester...that's when the official numbers are calculated that are reported and published), but it looks like total enrollment will be up a bit this year, as will be new freshman enrollment. It sounds like we might hear something new about the Performing Arts Center very soon, and there's a few other things in the works that could be exciting. I feel like things are finally starting to "look up" for Western.

Personally, I thought they were starting to look up under Dr. Abraham. But the BOT refused the see the good he had done, instead hiring someone who then fires the Martin when he took on the Provost job he was originally hired to do.

While I somewhat agree with that, but I do also know that Dr. Abraham had a tendency to very much "micro-manage", which kinda rubbed some people the wrong way. He did do some good things, but a number of people didn't really get along with him that well.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:19 am

He was not very well liked by a lot of people on campus. As the president you have to walk the line of having peoples respect while also being able to be there boss.