How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
sealhall74

We ate lunch at Sports Corner.  Slots but no pool tables. Food there has always been pretty good from a handful of recent stops.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

I see there’s going to be a steakhouse going in the old red ox
wiu712

There is now a large "Opening Soon" at the Mexican Ice Cream store on East Jackson (formerly Subway).
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:49 am There is now a large "Opening Soon" at the Mexican Ice Cream store on East Jackson (formerly Subway).

Is that a new "Opening Soon" sign, or the one that's been there for at least a few months?

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Across the street the old Los tapatitos, that is supposed to be a new Los charros, I’m convinced it  is just a tax write off for Los Charros haha.  
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:48 pm Across the street the old Los tapatitos, that is supposed to be a new Los charros, I’m convinced it  is just a tax write off for Los Charros haha.  

I saw them in there the other day and I just thought it was being considered a wash but I also heard someone died in there
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:03 pm
vatusay wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:48 pm Across the street the old Los tapatitos, that is supposed to be a new Los charros, I’m convinced it  is just a tax write off for Los Charros haha. 

I saw them in there the other day and I just thought it was being considered a wash but I also heard someone died in there

That rumor might be an evolution of why it's taken the Mexican ice cream place so long to open. The woman opening the ice cream place, her father owned (maybe had bought and was going to reopen?) Los Tapatios. At the same time, she was working on remodeling the old Subway to make it the ice cream place. Before either happened, her father unexpectedly passed away, which delayed a lot of what was going on and put anything with the old Los Tapatios on hold.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

I see los charros on the east is now open i had given up on it ever opening.
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:31 am I see Los Charros on the east is now open i had given up on it ever opening.

From Los Charros East:

We are officially open: EAST location!! 1319 E Jackson St

Sorry for the delay it took us longer than we had anticipated to get this ready to open.

Our hours are:
Sunday- Thursday 11am-9pm
Friday & Saturday 11am-10pm

ImageUPDATEImageWe will be doing take-out orders. OUR DRIVE THROUGH WILL NOT BE OPEN AT THIS TIME DUE TO SHORT STAFFING. We appreciate your understanding. (309) 575-4929 Image EAST LOCATION

Las Delicias de Mexico (across the street) is open every day 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM.

leatherneckcountry

Anyone know what’s going in next to girl Friday seen they’ve been doing work on the building I think the building has been vacant awhile