10/15/22 - at Southern Illinois

rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:42 am
Necks2003 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:33 pm Curious to hear others thoughts....is this the worst WIU football team ever? We have to be amongst the worst in the country in every aspect of the game.

I dont know about the worst but I do think we are going to need a big ass rock to keep pounding on to improve the situation.  The cupboard was pretty bare when Myers took over and the transfer portal took its toll.  He got a late start in the recruiting game because he was not hired until mid-December.  Are his first year recruits going to be the foundation for the future, maybe a few, but I a not holding my breath on that.  This may be a 4-5 year rebuilding effort.  Will the natives be willing to wait that long?  

Agree, Seal. Yes, we did have some team members that stuck around (and I thank them for doing that!!!); but for the most part this team was pretty much cobbled together and didn't have the benefit of working together for even a year (terrible as last year was). It was a crappy situation from the get-go, but I have to respect the guys who are working their butts off - players and coaches included.