SDSU

leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:44 pm Again, seems like the attendance number is off by quite a bit. That place was pretty full. Loved it. 

I would have guessed closer to 2000
wiu712

Current Summit League Standings:
Oral Roberts  10-0
Western  7-4
South Dakota State  6-4
UMKC  6-4
North Dakota State  6-4
South Dakota  5-5
Saint Thomas  5-6
Denver  3-8
Omaha  3-8
North Dakota  1-9

WIU2DC

Necks2003 wrote:The AD needs to lock Jeter to a 10yr $500k per contract now while they still can.  Doing so will invest 10-100 fold in keeping the athletics program interesting and likely keep wiu on student increasing enrollment with success.

Football needs to prove themselves competitive...and invest likewise. But overall football and basketball should hopefully be evaluated.

Agreed. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neckfansince71

So the student section was overflowing with Leatherneck athletes for sure.  Coach H can be seen numerous times on the east endzone camera.  This would have been a heck of a day to have visits for all sports and future students.  High 5 ing the first row of the north stands was a great touch along with the basketball team folding in with the end zone crowd before they left the floor too.  This is totally the game where you keep them coming back for more!   ;)
 jc
vatusay

I love sneaking over to SDSU fan boards and twitter to see them cry about the officiating. It’s laugh out loud funny. 

Their last possession mayo got blocked twice. All ball. It was right in front of me. 

Loved seeing their coach all over the officials too. Every single time out. 

Ya’ll blew a 22 point lead.  Mainly because they quit shooting 75% from beyond the arc. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:39 am I love sneaking over to SDSU fan boards and twitter to see them cry about the officiating. It’s laugh out loud funny. 

Their last possession mayo got blocked twice. All ball. It was right in front of me. 

Loved seeing their coach all over the officials too. Every single time out. 

Ya’ll blew a 22 point lead.  Mainly because they quit shooting 75% from beyond the arc. 

Yeah when you’re use to getting every call all the time and the one time you don’t it’s easy to blame the officials. The one questionable call was the one on Kyle and I was kinda blocked by coach Jeter on it. The block by West on Mayo was definitely clean it was hard for me to see if massner fouled him on the 1st attempt. 

vatusay

Massner’s block was clean. Was 10-15’ in front of me. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

If we want to nit-pic the refs, mayo probably could/should have been T’d up slamming the ball on floor multiple times after change of possession. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

From KHQA-TV-7 Sports. 

The story about Western's game begins around the 10:00 mark (after the high school wrestling highlights).

https://khqa.com/sports/overtime-blog/o ... nuary-28th