News from Around the Summit League

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

St. Thomas is going to be building a new on-campus basketball/hockey arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Psh, ain’t got nothing on waste management hall. 

jokes aside, talk about impressive. 

I think St. T moves on to bigger conference sooner rather than later.  Much sooner. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:22 pm St. Thomas is going to be building a new on-campus basketball/hockey arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I mentioned it before but St Thomas will be dominating the conference along with the Dakota schools before too long. St Thomas is already beating us in most sports.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:46 pm Psh, ain’t got nothing on waste management hall. 

jokes aside, talk about impressive. 

I think St. T moves on to bigger conference sooner rather than later.  Much sooner.

It would not surprise me in the least to see St. Thomas in the MVC in a few years...MVC+Pioneer League football like Drake and Valpo.
I think their eventual goal is to get to the level of something like the A10 or even Big East. I used to think that wouldn't work so well due to geography, but if the Big East can include Creighton (in Omaha), Marquette (in Milwaukee), DePaul (in Chicago), and Butler (in Indy), then I don't see why St. Thomas in Minneapolis wouldn't be feasible.

I know it won't happen, but it's getting to the point where a midwestern private high-quality basketball conference would be possible...
St. Thomas in a few years, plus Loyola-Chicago, Saint Louis, and maybe Dayton from the A10, and Creighton, Marquette, DePaul, Butler, and maybe Xavier from the Big East. It'd be much less travel costs for most of the schools and would still be a pretty high-level basketball conference.
wiu712

South Dakota State football head coach John Stiegelmeier retires.
From the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sport ... 823797007/

leatherneckcountry

Former USD women’s coach Dawn P on the move again after 1 year at WV she is heading to Minnesota 
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:10 am Former USD women’s coach Dawn P on the move again after 1 year at WV she is heading to Minnesota 

Makes sense, she is more familiar with the area to recruit. Be interesting how she does. Minnesota has a bunch of good freshman, so interesting if she can keep them. West Virginia isn't probably very happy.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:31 pm

I'm sure he's looking to move up a level, ie  a P5 conf team but Jeter does have connections in Milwaukee. I wonder if Jeter recruited him out of high school.

sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:22 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:31 pm

I'm sure he's looking to move up a level, ie  a P5 conf team but Jeter does have connections in Milwaukee. I wonder if Jeter recruited him out of high school.

Yep, B1G bound I think.

Embrace the pace of the race.