New Forum

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
WIU0812

I like the set up thus far, not as user friendly as I was hoping, but it is still very much better. Definitely think this is best route for free, if we had retrieved the login and some donations had been put together that InstantASP upgrade was pretty awesome. My only other concern would be getting this to show up on google searches better. Also, can we get an awesome background like the one they had on the video board last year?
45481_10153284693645285_788696047_n.jpg
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Well, now that I control everything, I can make it so that Google can find us much more easily. I'm going to wait until we're up and running fully before going and promoting everything, but I can do a lot more behind the scenes stuff now.

Are there some user-friendly features that you were hoping for that I can maybe see about getting set up/implemented?

background - are you thinking behind the page itself? Or somewhere else? Also, I'm still considering other options for the look of things too. For example, I'm playing with more of a "stock" install of one of the base themes, but modified with our colors. Looks kinda like this as of right now:
prosilver_purple.PNG
Thoughts?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

I guess I am aiming at basically the top of the page and have Leatherneck Nation instead of Leatherneck athletics you would probably have to make top about inch longer in order to fit the picture, but it would be an awesome and professional looking page with the entrance. I tried to reply to your message, but was unable to. I believe the twitter issue is that this site does not accept HTML which i believe is what the widget for twitter is.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I can pretty easily change the image at the top of the site, so I could do something like what they had on the screen if I had the original graphic or whatever. I'll work on that at some point.

Yea, most current forum software packages don't allow html and javascript to be directly posted in a post. It's a HUGE (and I mean SERIOUSLY HUGE) security risk. Someone with a basic level of hacker knowledge could pretty much toast our entire site very easily if it was allowed. phpBB doesn't even give me the option to allow it, like just for admins or something (it's that bad). We can use the custom bbcodes (like the thinkpurple and tweet ones) to insert safe code if we need to.
WIU0812

Understandable and nice to know that there are quite a few options to change on the page. What does the think purple code do?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It makes the text purple. [thinkpurple]Specifically the university web purple (#663399).[/thinkpurple]