Campus Improvements - Hanson Field West Stands

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Western_101

hmmm, I had a thought that perhaps they are still intending to paint the lettering purple. although, it seems more likely that if that were to happen it would have been done before being installed.
wiu712

Does anyone know the status of our soccer field ?????

Some work was done over the summer to improve the drainage.

Last week's Men's game with Northern Illinois was held on the former Rams' practice field northwest of Brophy Hall.

Now I see that the two Women's games this weekend will also be on the same practice field.

There is no seating at the practice field. You will need to bring your own lawn chair or be prepared to stand.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Took a few more photos this morning of the painting/work done at Hanson Field.
Here's the one that shows the most (it's a bit of a panoramic...hence the curvature)

As you can see, they've painted "Leathernecks" along the white back wall at the top of the stands, along with part of Rocky's face. I assume they're going to do the other half of the face, hopefully before Thursday's game. Also makes me wonder what they'll put on the other side. You can also see the newly painted pressbox and the apparently un-touched (as near as I can tell) bench seating.

Also, I was taking the photo from down on the sidewalk in front of the stands. If you're any further out...on the field, or sitting on the East side of the field, you can see the full thing.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Looks like they are power washing and getting ready to paint the west side bleachers! ;) jc
sealhall74

During the EIU game, my buddy and I flip-flopped back and forth a couple times between the wood with the chipped paint and the smooth aluminum on the row beneath us. I think we finally settled on the wood because it just seemed a little more amenable to the backside for whatever reason. Maybe it was cooler (literally).
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

The University Facility Management had some photos on there this week that said they started repainting the wooden bleachers.
wiu712

I stopped by Hanson Field on Saturday. The old paint has been scraped off the wooden benches. Looks like they are ready to be re-painted.