Testing thread

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
WIU0812

Ya it is fine for me to, but I have a 17 inch monitor. Items like ads on the side and what not most likely would only be an issue if it did not have a mobile mode we could eventually use that eliminates them when trying to use a mobile device. Not sure how much you use facebook, but there are tons of adds along sides that most people do not even notice. If it is able to grow though I like the idea of a main page with news and all kinds of interesting items.
WIU0812

Is it possible to have where the last post is on right hand side say which item was posted in last?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:Is it possible to have where the last post is on right hand side say which item was posted in last?
Not sure, I'll have to look into it.

Also, heard back from the guy who set up and actually runs the servers behind the old LeatherneckNation (.com). He's been busy with the Heartbleed issue going on. I'm not sure what we can do, but we'll discuss some options and I'll let you guys know what I find out. There are limitations to the new software as well, although I have a lot more customization options here than I did there. However, if he would be willing to upgrade the old forum to the newest version of the software (what we had originally discussed as the "best" option if available), it might be worth it to consider that even though we've started to get established here. Anyway, I'll let you know what we discuss.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

I would suggest staying with the new site, but perhaps a redirect from the old site would enable folks to get here directly rather than indirectly through a link on the old site.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote:I would suggest staying with the new site, but perhaps a redirect from the old site would enable folks to get here directly rather than indirectly through a link on the old site.
Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to set up a redirect from the old site to here. Actually, if I did have that level of control, we wouldn't have had to move to a new platform in the first place (could have just pooled $, bought the new version of the software and installed that). I'm working with the guy who set up the old site to see if we can get some type of redirect to the new site or control of the domain name. Either would work, although full control of the domain name would allow me to actually make this leathernecknation.com again (rather than just having it forward people along to the .net site).
Tere North

Not knowing with the updated software on the old site would look like/do, I really do like this new site. Scott, you have put a ton of work into it and to just scrap it and then redo it in other software seems a waste of time and effort. This new site is great :!:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:Is it possible to have where the last post is on right hand side say which item was posted in last?
Done. Let me know if that looks ok.
It shows up to 30 characters of the subject of the last post. The circle right arrow on the right side of the "Last Post" info will take you to that post.
LneckDad

testing testing, 1 2 3 :?