Future Men's BBall Schedules

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:11 am Anyone know why we are always last to announce our schedule? 

I don't know about other years, but I'd have to imagine that this year it's due to a scheduling issue...trying to work out who we're playing on December 5th (CMU says they host us, UT-Martin says they play here in Macomb) and trying to figure out rescheduling one of those without losing a boatload of money.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:19 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:11 am Anyone know why we are always last to announce our schedule? 

I don't know about other years, but I'd have to imagine that this year it's due to a scheduling issue...trying to work out who we're playing on December 5th (CMU says they host us, UT-Martin says they play here in Macomb) and trying to figure out rescheduling one of those without losing a boatload of money.

In the interest of pleasing the fans, why not post the schedule for the games which are solidly contracted so folks can make their travel plans?  Put a little asterisk on the schedule saying "we are looking to add more".  Much cheaper to fly when you can make reservations many weeks in advance.  Not rocket science.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:55 am
Well, yes, that would make the most sense. A schedule with a big "TENTATIVE" at the top would be fine, plus maybe announcements of agreements with teams when they are made official. It would help fill in the slow basketball news time from late spring to mid-fall.

We do (or did, at least) this with football (for example: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2020/11 ... artin.aspx) and it would be easy to post a quick news update like that when something is scheduled. It'll help keep people talking about Leatherneck basketball through the year and make it easier for people to schedule possible trips to see games.

I'm not the one in charge of their website and social media though (and I know that they've been without a marketing person since essentially the late spring when Monyae Williamson left for Florida State until just recently).
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74

Pretty solid schedule.  Got some early cupcakes to let everyone get some PT followed by some very competitive D1 games leading into conference.  What more could we ask for? 

Maybe real cupcakes for sale at Western Hall this year?  Always red velvet from Nothing Bundt Cakes for me.

Embrace the pace of the race.