Women's Volleyball!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Gotta think Stacy Boudreau is the 1st call yes Chads wife 
Oh wow…yeah definitely.

https://uwwsports.com/sports/womens-vol ... dreau/3462

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Also, I wonder why it took awhile after the season for him to be dismissed, why not right after the season. Did something else happen?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I think this is a current volleyball player:

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:07 am I think this is a current volleyball player:

Looks like she was on the team in 2019 but hasn't been on the roster the last 2yrs
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:19 amLooks like she was on the team in 2019 but hasn't been on the roster the last 2yrs

Yeah, looks like you're right. I was getting her confused with a different player on the roster.

So, anyone know if the Boudreau family calls Macomb or Whitewater, WI home? Do they have a house in one place and the other just rents an apartment for the season or something?
She's been incredibly successful in her 17 years at DIII UW-Whitewater, winning 1 national championship, making the DIII NCAA Tournament in all but 1 year, and she's never had a losing record (worst season was going .684, 26-12, and 1-1 in the NCAA tournament). Looks like she made ~$66.6k last year at UW-Whitewater and we paid Coach Staupe $63k for this year. If we can match her salary at Whitewater, give her the opportunity to HC a DI team, and be able to have her family in once place, I'd hope we'd be able to get some interest.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:51 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:19 amLooks like she was on the team in 2019 but hasn't been on the roster the last 2yrs

Yeah, looks like you're right. I was getting her confused with a different player on the roster.

So, anyone know if the Boudreau family calls Macomb or Whitewater, WI home? Do they have a house in one place and the other just rents an apartment for the season or something?
She's been incredibly successful in her 17 years at DIII UW-Whitewater, winning 1 national championship, making the DIII NCAA Tournament in all but 1 year, and she's never had a losing record (worst season was going .684, 26-12, and 1-1 in the NCAA tournament). Looks like she made ~$66.6k last year at UW-Whitewater and we paid Coach Staupe $63k for this year. If we can match her salary at Whitewater, give her the opportunity to HC a DI team, and be able to have her family in once place, I'd hope we'd be able to get some interest.

College sports are getting tougher to coach with all the transfers and covid protocols and other distractions in place.  I have always thought that a D1 coach needs and deserves 4 years to turn a program around.  But realistically, he or she needs a year or two more than that.  Lot of times they come in late in the game and have no chance to do any recruiting their first year or if they do, they pull in some less than D1 caliber talent to start with which has to be developed or let go down the road.  So 5 years is my new measure for turning around a program.  Look for gradual improvement from year to year.  If you dont see it, next man (or woman) up.

Embrace the pace of the race.
4EverPurple&Gold

You think they can get her to leave Whitewater?

sealhall74

She might find out what he did - big jump from DIII to DI, especially in the Summit League.  Denver dominating the landscape right now.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:50 pm You think they can get her to leave Whitewater?

Hard to say. I'm sure she's got a lot of job security and familiarity with Whitewater, but having the whole family in one place (it says they have 4 kids) without a drop in salary has got to be at least a bit interesting.
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:54 pm
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:50 pm You think they can get her to leave Whitewater?

Hard to say. I'm sure she's got a lot of job security and familiarity with Whitewater, but having the whole family in one place (it says they have 4 kids) without a drop in salary has got to be at least a bit interesting.

That plus being closer to home assuming her family still lives in Southeast Iowa.