How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:29 am U-Haul Rental and Storage facility going into old K-Mart location: https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/story/ne ... 826451002/
Americo owns a U-Haul storage and truck rental dealership in Galesburg and plans to open another facility in Macomb.
...the new business would have about 10 employees. He said the parking lot would contain 15 U-Haul trucks for rental.
Fills up an empty building...large parking lot should work well for parking ~15 trucks (that will likely vary somewhat in number based on usage)...and 10 new jobs is nothing to sneeze at in a town as small as Macomb.
How many places do we need with U-haul in macomb?
wiu712

The Subway that was inside Walmart is now an empty space.
vatusay

Rumors flying of a chick-fil-a in Walmart.
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

Hearing Rocky's has closed with no plans of reopening.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:43 pm Hearing Rocky's has closed with no plans of reopening.
From picture on the web, it looks like the old Regulator. Is my memory correct?

Tell you my Regulator story. I was wearing contacts while sitting at the bar one night. The hard contact lens in one eye popped out for some reason. 'Cause it was so dark in there, I pretty much gave up any chance finding it and wrote it off as a loss. I got back to the apartment later that night and just happened to check my shirt pocket in the slim chance that it would be there. Lo and behold, there it was.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:18 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:43 pm Hearing Rocky's has closed with no plans of reopening.
From picture on the web, it looks like the old Regulator. Is my memory correct?

Tell you my Regulator story. I was wearing contacts while sitting at the bar one night. The hard contact lens in one eye popped out for some reason. 'Cause it was so dark in there, I pretty much gave up any chance finding it and wrote it off as a loss. I got back to the apartment later that night and just happened to check my shirt pocket in the slim chance that it would be there. Lo and behold, there it was.
Don't know what the regulator was but it's right next to the America's best value inn.
wiu712

Rocky's is in the building that used to be called The Regulator.

You can see some old video from inside The Regulator by going to this link and look for May 5, 2021:
http://www.wiu.edu/alumni/virtualpubcrawl.php
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Hearing Rocky's has closed with no plans of reopening.
That’s not surprising. I’d heard rumors of that even before the owner passed away about a month ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2516

And yes, Rocky’s is the same location as the old Regulator. Both were owned by Les Switzer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Work has been underway at the former Subway building on East Jackson. Looks like something will be going in there.
Purple Grandma

wiu712 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:47 pm Work has been underway at the former Subway building on East Jackson. Looks like something will be going in there.
It's going to be a Mexican ice cream shop: