How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:03 pm Baskin-Robbins will be making a return to Macomb when the new combo with Dunkin Donuts opens. The previous Baskin-Robbin was also on West Jackson, but closer in to the Square.
I don't drink coffee, so that's the part I'm looking forward to. I love DQ (I have a family connection to the company), but once they close up for the winter (this is their last week open), I need an occasional ice cream fix.
Might have to try the donuts too, but I really like Casey's donuts and Hy-Vee has been making a big push with theirs recently too.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

The Chicago Beef Factory will also be coming to town within the next couple months as well.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

DD/BR Update time
All the siding is up and the outside of the building looks pretty much as it is supposed to, minus a bit of signage probably. They're working on pouring/setting the concrete around the building now and I'd imagine they'll get to work on the interior fairly soon.
Neckfansince71

Yesssssssss! ;) jc
Neckfansince71

How about the golf facility???? ;) jc
leatherneckcountry

Now there's McAlister's coming to the east side of town.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:25 pm Now there's McAlister's coming to the east side of town.
That is great news. My favorite although they have cut back their menu a bit it seems. If I am within 20 miles of one, I go out of my way to get there. I dont know where they get their spuds, but they must using steroids to grow them. I get three meals out of one of them.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:25 pm Now there's McAlister's coming to the east side of town.
I heard that. Sounds like it's going in in front of the Hampton Inn over on the east side of town, across the road from BWW and Walmart. Any new business coming to town is a great thing.
wiu712

Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins is set to open the week after Thanksgiving. According to the paper, it will be a 24/7 operation.
Neckfansince71

I think you will get more and more specialty shops downtown as time goes on. The new parking, surfacing, lights, and landscaping have dressed the square up. Yahoo for Dunkin Donuts!!! ;) jc