Forum Upgrade + New Template

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
sealhall74

Regarding the pickem game,

leatherneckcountry, sorry i missed your post until this AM. Been on the road in ID, MT, WY, and UT. Yes, you will need to re-register if you want to play.

ST, the NCAA changed their schedule and scores page format again. Looks like it it parseable but will take some time to dive in to it. I did the schedule by hand today here in Park City so I think it is ready to go. Also, they are saying that RSS feeds are "Coming Soon" on their site, so that may be a better approach to getting schedule and scores.

Happy Labor Day all!
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:31 pm Regarding the pickem game,

leatherneckcountry, sorry i missed your post until this AM. Been on the road in ID, MT, WY, and UT. Yes, you will need to re-register if you want to play.

ST, the NCAA changed their schedule and scores page format again. Looks like it it parseable but will take some time to dive in to it. I did the schedule by hand today here in Park City so I think it is ready to go. Also, they are saying that RSS feeds are "Coming Soon" on their site, so that may be a better approach to getting schedule and scores.

Happy Labor Day all!
I was bored in Park City today and after an hour or two, I have a clean parse of NCAA scores and schedule site. Their new format is much easier to handle.
sealhall74

ST, here is a link to get up-to-the-minute fcs game scores in a JSON format for any given week (in this case week 2):

https://data.ncaa.com/casablanca/scoreb ... board.json

From the NCAA site scores page, the scores for live games are not initially rendered within the html, hence they are not parseable to grab the scores. They go out frequently (not sure how frequently or what triggers it but it is frequently) to the above link and grab scores and then update the browser page dynamically using that data.

The secret to finding these hidden gems is to go to the desired page and turn on the Chrome debugger and go to the Network tab. You can then see all of the hidden on-the-fly requests for data.