Misc MVFC Team News

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
Post Reply
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 4857
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Thread for interesting bits of info about other MVFC football teams.
Starting with...

SIU's top RB and kick returner Daquan Isom is leaving the program: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3380
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 am

ST_Lawson wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm
Thread for interesting bits of info about other MVFC football teams.
Starting with...

SIU's top RB and kick returner Daquan Isom is leaving the program: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS
He does not tweet much but this one from back in March no doubt speaks volumes. About what, we can only guess.
https://twitter.com/Ice_Mane5/status/970336502474596352
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
RedNeck
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm
Location: East Peoria

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Lot of Redbird fans with ruffled feathers over on the ISU board. Appears to be resentment that the St. Xavier game was scheduled (or at least that it stayed scheduled).

It will be interesting to see how a top tier NAIA school matches up with a top tier FCS school. My Niece plays softball for Lindenwood Belleville(LUB) an NAIA school, granted their football program is quite bad, but SXU brutalized LUB 45-0 and it could have been much worse than that.

I'm just glad that WIU didn't end up with a non-counter game on our sched.
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 4857
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm

RedNeck wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 pm
Lot of Redbird fans with ruffled feathers over on the ISU board. Appears to be resentment that the St. Xavier game was scheduled (or at least that it stayed scheduled).

It will be interesting to see how a top tier NAIA school matches up with a top tier FCS school. My Niece plays softball for Lindenwood Belleville(LUB) an NAIA school, granted their football program is quite bad, but SXU brutalized LUB 45-0 and it could have been much worse than that.

I'm just glad that WIU didn't end up with a non-counter game on our sched.
If they're mad now, just wait and see what happens if the game is actually close. Full-on meltdown mode. It does kinda suck that they weren't able to reschedule though...brings down the conference overall SoS a bit.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712
Posts: 3756
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm

ST_Lawson wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm
It does kinda suck that they weren't able to re-schedule.
No reason to feel sad or sorry for Illinois State. They have 6 home games this year.

Northern Illinois only has 5 home games. And they play 12 games. Two of those five home games will be on Wednesday nights in November as part of the "ESPN MACtion" schedule. Only 3 Saturday home games for NIU.
Last edited by wiu712 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 4857
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm

wiu712 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm
ST_Lawson wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm
It does kinda suck that they weren't able to re-schedule.
No reason to feel sad or sorry for Illinois State. They have 6 home games this year.

Northern Illinois only has 5 home games. And they play 12 games.
I didn't say I felt sorry for them. The only reason I care is because it "brings down the conference overall SoS a bit."
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Post Reply