Advertising

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The ads have been submitted.
I also noticed that not only can you set cost per day, but you can instead set total campaign cost. So I can just set the cost to what I have in the paypal account for that, tell it when I want it to run (I did today->Homecoming day), and they'll distribute the ads to hit that cost.

EDIT - And the ads have been approved and should be running any time now. We have 75 current registered members of the forum, and have gotten practically no traffic from Facebook previously (total of 6 visits...about one a month through the summer, and maybe one a week for the last couple of weeks). So really, anything more than like 1 hit a week can probably be chalked up to facebook ads.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

Sounds good I will keep my eye out. Now we just need a big yellow register here button for all those people who are not computer literate LOL!
sealhall74

Wow, I need to get a life! That is embarrassing having Virginia come in number two. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Another money-making and advertising possibility is working with the custom-design Tshirt online marketeers. We could have some unique design templates on this site that people use to create their custom Ts. If they buy one and wear it, we pick up a dollar or two and get the offshoot advertising benefits. Those templates could also reside in a "members only" area on this site. The secret in making it work would be the uniqueness and "cool" factor inherent in the design of the templates. It can't be something you would find in the WIU Bookstore.

Here is an example on one company's offerings and services:

http://www.customink.com/design_ideas/search/football/2
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

Saw the add today on Facebook, just kind of poped up on my screen while scrolling through. It looks very nice! Hopefully it becomes effective as so far I have not seen any additions to the forum.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

According to facebook, so far we've had 17 clicks through to the website. So, that's something.
WIU0812

Suppose it is, not exactly as high as I would have expected, but it is definitely something. It is also early if you spanned it over three weeks.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:Suppose it is, not exactly as high as I would have expected, but it is definitely something. It is also early if you spanned it over three weeks.
Yea, we still have a way to go, and we haven't spent 1/5th of the money so far.
WIU0812

Any updates on how well we are doing with this since it is about halfway done?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sure.

Stats from Facebook:
So far we've spent ~$34 on facebook ads.
The ads have been viewed 4,954 times and have been clicked 261 times, and 53 times clicked through to this website (which is actually a pretty decent rate for facebook ads)
On average, people who are targeted see the ad 1.82 times (so far).
Still have another week to go on the ad campaign.

The 53 clicks through to the site is pretty accurately represented by the numbers that are shown by Google Analytics.
According to Google, we've had 54 people come to the site from facebook since the campaign started. 34 of which were new users (people who had not visited the Leatherneck Nation site previously...or if they did, it was from a different computer). On average, those users visit 3.19 pages on the site, and stick around for just under 2 minutes.

We have also gone from 75 registered users of the site when the campaign started to 86 current users. I don't have a way of tracking what % of those 11 people came from facebook, but it's likely that at least a few did. The only other time we've seen an increase of that many that quickly was when we first launched the site and all the regular users came over and signed up.

Once things have settled down following Homecoming (and the end of the facebook campaign), I'll post final numbers and we can decide if we think it was worth it or not.