@W Kentucky

GV Dad

It's going to be a tough battle this weekend at W Kentucky. They are sitting 4-1 right now. Hopefully we can be competitive, even if we get swept.
Neckfansince71

Nice afternoon for the ladies! A hard fought 5-3 loss and a 3-1 win. Weather does not look real good for tomorrow. Ladies are now 4-3, could be 5-3 by the end of tomorrow. I think this is a team to watch out for. ;) jc
wiu712

Attendance at Western Kentucky for Saturday's double-header = 203.
GV Dad

WKU has live stats on their website. It was fun following along!
GV Dad

One hour rain delay today. First pitch 2:00
GV Dad

Lost Sunday's game 7-6. Had the tying run on 3B in the top of the 7th. Went 1-2 on the weekend, great showing considering the competition. Hope I can get to Macomb for a game this year!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 pm Lost Sunday's game 7-6. Had the tying run on 3B in the top of the 7th. Went 1-2 on the weekend, great showing considering the competition. Hope I can get to Macomb for a game this year!
Looks like conference season covers much of the time when football spring practices are going on (although they'll be playing at U of I Chicago the weekend of the spring game). Home games are pretty much all Sat/Sun, making it easier to come to Macomb for a weekend, watch some football practice (I know they're closed to the "public", but I'd imagine they probably don't have a problem with parents of players watching some practices), and catch a softball game or two, or a softball game and baseball game if you wanted.

Looks like Spring football practices are Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat from March 18 to the Spring Game on April 12th.
In that span, weekend games include:
Baseball hosting NDSU and softball hosting USD the weekend of March 23-24
Softball hosting NDSU the weekend of March 30-31 (baseball is at Omaha that weekend).
Baseball hosting Oral Roberts the weekend of April 6-7 (softball at SDSU)
Baseball hosting Fort Wayne the Spring Game weekend of April 13-14 (softball at UIC)

Or if you're in town near the end of the semester to bring your kid home for a bit, baseball is hosting Omaha that weekend (softball is playing in the conference tournament at NDSU that weekend).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Attendance at Sunday's game at Western Kentucky = 175.

Up next will be a 3-game series at Tennessee-Martin on Feb 23 and 24.
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:14 pm
GV Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 pm Lost Sunday's game 7-6. Had the tying run on 3B in the top of the 7th. Went 1-2 on the weekend, great showing considering the competition. Hope I can get to Macomb for a game this year!
Looks like conference season covers much of the time when football spring practices are going on (although they'll be playing at U of I Chicago the weekend of the spring game). Home games are pretty much all Sat/Sun, making it easier to come to Macomb for a weekend, watch some football practice (I know they're closed to the "public", but I'd imagine they probably don't have a problem with parents of players watching some practices), and catch a softball game or two, or a softball game and baseball game if you wanted.

Looks like Spring football practices are Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat from March 18 to the Spring Game on April 12th.
In that span, weekend games include:
Baseball hosting NDSU and softball hosting USD the weekend of March 23-24
Softball hosting NDSU the weekend of March 30-31 (baseball is at Omaha that weekend).
Baseball hosting Oral Roberts the weekend of April 6-7 (softball at SDSU)
Baseball hosting Fort Wayne the Spring Game weekend of April 13-14 (softball at UIC)

Or if you're in town near the end of the semester to bring your kid home for a bit, baseball is hosting Omaha that weekend (softball is playing in the conference tournament at NDSU that weekend).
If do get back I'll let ya know. Maybe we can meet up!