Performing Arts Center

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
WIU0812

https://www2.illinois.gov/cdb/procureme ... sults.aspx

Bid results are on this page, River City was low at 103 million, luckily there were 3 bidders this time. Only having 1 bidder caused the issues previously when the bid was over budget. State tends to be more likely to award over budget projects where there is multiple bidders having 3 should assist in pushing it through hopefully. I feel like if I remember right when this bid the 1st time it was in the 80 million range and the whole building was bigger, that just shows how much the construction market has gone up especially in last couple years. 
vatusay

WIU0812 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:54 pm https://www2.illinois.gov/cdb/procureme ... sults.aspx

Bid results are on this page, River City was low at 103 million, luckily there were 3 bidders this time. Only having 1 bidder caused the issues previously when the bid was over budget. State tends to be more likely to award over budget projects where there is multiple bidders having 3 should assist in pushing it through hopefully. I feel like if I remember right when this bid the 1st time it was in the 80 million range and the whole building was bigger, that just shows how much the construction market has gone up especially in last couple years. 

Good.golly. 

thank you for that site, also. I’m used to scanning the IDOT letting bulletins. Always wondered where projects like this are let. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
WIU0812

IDOT is pretty much strictly roads and bridges. There is also a bid that happened at same time for replacement of a chiller and a chilled water loop at WIU. Unfortunately that only got 1 bid from Laverdiere for 8.8 million, hopefully it wasn't over budget. 
vatusay

Yea airport work dotted in. 

it will be interesting to see if the PAC gets awarded. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

I just gotta shake my head in total amazement as we are forced to build a building during what has become tougher financial times.  I don't really see a political downside to awarding it which as we know will really give west central illinois a financial boost.  This is a part of Pritzker's infrastructure plan.  Let's hope he honors his commitment.  I wonder if there is another building project that has been put through the "ringer" this many times. ;)jc

sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:38 am I just gotta shake my head in total amazement as we are forced to build a building during what has become tougher financial times.  I don't really see a political downside to awarding it which as we know will really give west central illinois a financial boost.  This is a part of Pritzker's infrastructure plan.  Let's hope he honors his commitment.  I wonder if there is another building project that has been put through the "ringer" this many times. ;)jc

In an election year, do you bring a lot of public attention to any controversial public construction projects (failed, postponed, or otherwise)?  My bet would be NO.  More delays coming, maybe even a protest after award. 

Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

The fact that we are closing in on an election makes this that important to Pritzker.  Why would he not want to be seen as a "promise keeper!" ;)
 jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:44 am The fact that we are closing in on an election makes this that important to Pritzker.  Why would he not want to be seen as a "promise keeper!" ;)
 jc

Because the tax dollars are being spent in Forgottonia and not close to Lake Michigan where the majority of voters are.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

If I had to guess I think it will get awarded. Most projects are over budget right now and with 2 other bidders my guess is it will get approved. CDB projects can move quite slow so may be month or more before we know. 
WIU0812

I have been keeping my eye on this and haven't seen anything definitive on it yet, I did hear a rumor late last week that it was going to be a go, but just a rumor so far not sure it has any merit. I did see the 10 million dollar chilled water project was awarded so any time you see a 10 million investment its a good thing even if not directly noticeable. Not totally sure what all that project encompasses just says chiller and chilled water loop.