2020 Roster Changes

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:56 amIs it possible he could be with us for 2 years given the freebie year of eligibility or am I mistaken?
I believe that is correct. As far as I'm aware, sports played in the 2020/2021 school year will not count against NCAA eligibility. If he wants to, and if the coaching staff wants him to, he should be able to play this season and next season.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 am
letsgonecks wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:50 pm Anyone know if Pearson got a waiver? NCAA seems to have been a little more lax in that department with the current environment.

Using him on the Iowa game twitter post makes me feel a bit optimistic. There's no stopping Garza, but his size would be helpful.
Haven't officially heard anything but from a interview with coach Jeter and the things that Pearson has been tweeting out I would guess he's playing.
Haven't heard anything official, but found a waiver tracker and it had Tamell listed as approved.
sealhall74

When was the last time we had a big who could shoot the 3? We may be in for a treat this year.

Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Nimari Burnett is leaving Texas Tech. Only played Freshman year at Morgan Park and not sure of his relationship with Irving, but throwing it out there.
sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 am Nimari Burnett is leaving Texas Tech. Only played Freshman year at Morgan Park and not sure of his relationship with Irving, but throwing it out there.
Can we recruit his mom too? :lol:

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just saw this morning that Freshman Guard Marcus Washington Jr. (the one from Morgan Park who de-committed from Wake Forest and came here) is no longer on the roster.
In 5 games that he played this season, he averaged 25.3 minutes per game and 4.2 ppg.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:15 am Just saw this morning that Freshman Guard Marcus Washington Jr. (the one from Morgan Park who de-committed from Wake Forest and came here) is no longer on the roster.
In 5 games that he played this season, he averaged 25.3 minutes per game and 4.2 ppg.

Interesting. Very quick, good ball handler. But there was something wrong with his shot. Barely drew iron on a FT IIRC. Could have been playing with injury or just got a case of the yips. It happens. Or just not ready for the rigors of D1 academics and sports. We will probaby never know the truth.
vatusay

Man, that sucks. In the back of my mind I thought we may see a bunch of turnover year to year. Just not this soon.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson wrote:Just saw this morning that Freshman Guard Marcus Washington Jr. (the one from Morgan Park who de-committed from Wake Forest and came here) is no longer on the roster.
Looks like it was either a glitch in the system or they just had to update some of his numbers because he's back on the roster now. Apologies for getting everyone worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vatusay

Phew!
#ALLIN #YOLO