Forum Software Update

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Going to be doing a software update on the forum today. Hopefully everything will go through without any problems, but just in case, I wanted to let you guys know.
I figure with basketball season now over and football a good ways off, plus spring break going on here, it's a good time to do it.

I'll update this thread once I'm done.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Update itself is done. Need to work on the theme a bit to get the background image working again. Otherwise it should be ok.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like everything is updated and working correctly. You'll likely notice a few changes in how things look, but hopefully nothing too drastic. The interface for writing posts is simpler now. If there's something that you need that is missing or that you want to see about having added, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Among many other behind-the-scenes updates is that you can now use regular emojis in the posts, if you want.
So, 👍🏈🐾
meganeck

Probably doesn't get said enough, but thanks for everything you do to keep this site going and appreciate your letting us know about the update and that the update is now complete.
Tere North

meganeck wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:32 pm Probably doesn't get said enough, but thanks for everything you do to keep this site going and appreciate your letting us know about the update and that the update is now complete.
Absolutely agree. Thank you Scott for all that you do!!
sealhall74

ST, here is request. Maybe you can do or maybe can not. Is there any way to get the "mobile" look and feel to be more like the desktop browser with respect to the most recent post. For example, my mobile cell phone browser only displays who the last poster was for a given thread. I have no idea when that post was made and have to go to the last page and find it. For the desktop case, I can see not only the last poster, but also the date and time, and even have a link to go directly to that latest post.
Embrace the pace of the race.