Just a little something nice...

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

2020 was a rough year, but hopefully we're past the worst of it. If things go well, we should have football this year (maybe even two seasons of it), vaccines should become much more readily available, and things can get back to something much closer to "normal" in terms of seeing friends and family, going to athletic events, movie theaters, restaurants, etc. It's not specifically holiday-related, but to help roll us into the new year on a "good note", I thought I'd share a video of Bob Logan, former Leatherneck O-Lineman from the late '70s. It's not holiday-related, but it's just a beautiful song.

I've known Bob for nearly my entire life...my dad was in 3 different bands with him through the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, and I essentially "grew up" with his kids to the point where his oldest son was the best man at my wedding and I was the best man at his.

Anyway, Bob still lives in the area, still plays music (very well), and is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to know. So here's a little something to kick off the new year:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

"Till There Was You" was written in 1957 by Meredith Willson for the Broadway musical "The Music Man".

In 1959, the song became the first of four US Top 40 hits for Anita Bryant. The song was covered by the Beatles in 1963.