Fall 2021 - Week 6 - at Indiana State

sealhall74

Beat Bob and Beat the Birds is about the best we can hope for at this point.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:08 pm Beat Bob and Beat the Birds is about the best we can hope for at this point.

I want both of those wins, but I'm not sure if I think we can do it. I guess the upside is we do play them at home.
Western_101

Question for GV Dad.

Do you believe coach Elliott had this team prepared to compete today?

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

sealhall74

15 total rushing yards with a bunch of sacks rolled into it.  That is the defining stat of this game IMO.  No rushing threat, defense pins back their ears and brings the heat.  Sampson still tossed it up for 400 yards and could have had another 125 given a couple that were there for the taking.

Defense played their usual game, which left a lot to be desired, giving up too many big plays.

Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Start the HC search.  Sorry Elliott, but a major overhaul is needed.

I know it's not easy to get the best coaches and players to come to WIU, but just need something new and hope it makes a difference.

letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:25 pm 15 total rushing yards with a bunch of sacks rolled into it.  That is the defining stat of this game IMO.  No rushing threat, defense pins back their ears and brings the heat.  Sampson still tossed it up for 400 yards and could have had another 125 given a couple that were there for the taking.

Defense played their usual game, which left a lot to be desired, giving up too many big plays.

We actually have more than 15 yards.  For some reason no one tracking stats shows Wanza.

letsgonecks

Doesn't really effect the game, but don't throw the ball away on a 2 point conversion, you need for any hope.

Throw it up for grabs.
Western_101

I thought this was the worst effort this year for our O-line. O-line looked like they were just going through the paces, a complete sieve, I get that we have no running threat, but Sampson has been provided more protection in every other game (save for Montana) this year. 

What happened today is in-excusable. It will be interesting to see what coach says. I think he may have lost the team after that ridiculous two point conversion play last week. I agree they should have gone for it last week....how 'bout rolling left to target Houston in the back corner of the End zone whilst having your tight end lined up on the right follow the play and then brake back as Sampson throws across right running left(Sampson is pretty accurate passer throwing off balance) to a wide open TE target.

Team didn't look like they wanted to play today. This season is kaput.  

Last edited by Western_101 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Western_101

One more observation. The Indiana State homer play by play guy saying Western is "hard to recruit to" while I agree with that sentiment....Pot, Kettle much? 

wiu712

Disappointing outcome to today's game.  Indiana State wins 37-27.

Western had 449 Passing yards, but only 28 Rushing yards.

One area of team improvement came on penalties.  Only 5 Western penalties for 40 yards.  Western had 14 penalties at last week's game.

Western had 31 first downs.  Indiana State had 15.

Attendance at Indiana State = 3,943.