Fall 2021 - Week 6 - at Indiana State

Western_101

letsgonecks wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:32 pm Start the HC search.  Sorry Elliott, but a major overhaul is needed.

I know it's not easy to get the best coaches and players to come to WIU, but just need something new and hope it makes a difference.

Yeah, Pretty much what this guy said. 
vatusay

Pretty sad to see what this program has become.  The gateway glory days don’t seem like they will ever return. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

Western_101 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:50 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:32 pm Start the HC search.  Sorry Elliott, but a major overhaul is needed.

I know it's not easy to get the best coaches and players to come to WIU, but just need something new and hope it makes a difference.

So yeah, it's the same shit hole as before, What is most galling is seeing, McShanes at UNI a and Lenoirs at SIU. For F**ks sake. We scouted what other programs grabbed. 

Some of this has to fall on the ineffectual A.D.  I get public speaking might not be her strong point. Then again, I don't know has she ever publicly talked?

Can we fire the A.D. and the Coach that has brought the most shame to this University at the same time?

What do you say Board?  We need a complete "do over".  I like our basketball coach, however, Danielle's timidness and lack of wanting to Be seen as a leader creates a vacuum. 

Leave the job or step up.   
rocki

vatusay wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:39 pm Pretty sad to see what this program has become.  The gateway glory days don’t seem like they will ever return. 

Sure miss those days - that was some great football!

I don't know what all has gone wrong with the program, but whatever it is, it's not good. Players used to want to come to Western as the program was really vibrant during the Gateway days. 

I know people are complaining about Hanson Field, and I will agree the west side needs totally revamped for safety issues alone. I don't believe that a  stadium facelift will make the program improve by leaps and bounds, though.

Not sure what the solution is, but something needs to be done; and it needs to be done fast and BIG.

GV Dad

Western_101 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:16 pm Question for GV Dad.

Do you believe coach Elliott had this team prepared to compete today?

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

No

WIU2DC

Western_101 wrote:

So yeah, it's the same shit hole as before, What is most galling is seeing, McShanes at UNI a and Lenoirs at SIU. For F**ks sake. We scouted what other programs grabbed. 

Some of this has to fall on the ineffectual A.D.  I get public speaking might not be her strong point. Then again, I don't know has she ever publicly talked?

Can we fire the A.D. and the Coach that has brought the most shame to this University at the same time?

What do you say Board?  We need a complete "do over".  I like our basketball coach, however, Danielle's timidness and lack of wanting to Be seen as a leader creates a vacuum. 

I know we are recruiting Tony Tate’s brother like the rest of the MVFC and I bet he doesn’t come to WIU. That will be 3 siblings we didn’t land.

I remember when ISUb was leading the NCAA with not winning a football game and us going into their stadium and beating them up. Now they are 3-0 in the last 3 meetings against us. Has our program really slipped below ISUb and Missouri State? That’s unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by WIU2DC on Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocki

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:32 pm
Western_101 wrote:

I know we are recruiting Tony Tate’s brother like the rest of the MVFC and I bet he doesn’t come to WIU. That will be 3 siblings we didn’t land.

I remember when ISUb was leading the NCAA with not winning a football game and us going into their stadium and beating them up. Now they are 3-3 in the last 3 meetings against us. Has our program really slipped below ISUb and Missouri State? That’s unacceptable.

Totally agree.

WIU2DC

YSU beats #15 MSU and SIU beats #2 SDSU and we couldn’t beat ISUb. We need something to change. No question our roster is better than ISUb so it has to be the coaching.

sealhall74

IMHO, the MVFC is a pretty balanced conference these days - there are no pushover teams.  The worst can beat the best on any given day.  Some teams just have a lot more "better days" than others.  Ours are pretty infrequent right now - in fact, we are still searching for 4 solid quarters in the same game from offense, defense, and special teams.  Realistically, it might not happen this year but we still might squeak out a win or two.  Could take the Jacks down to the wire next week.  Sometimes, you just want to prove that you belong.  At least I hope the guys feel this way.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Sycamores hold Leathernecks to 28 rushing yards.
From the Terre Haute Tribune-Star:
https://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_c ... e7176.html