Fall 2021 - Week 7 - vs South Dakota State

Western_101

Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:27 am Again, another week where running is the last choice.

A net 30 yds rushing. Subtracting the QB "scrambling", only 13 rushing attempts - 13 compared to 51 passing attempts.

That is NOT coaching. We need a coach who uses their players effectively, not just their obviously favorite pass plays.

1)Western  appears to lack a large enough/sneaky enough back.

2)Seems like with Sampson's offence being his arm, we should be at least running on some downs. I fear the reality is the line as it is comprised can't open up lanes, or creases or (don't know I thought they were gaps) whatever. Sampson has been scrambling for his life the last three years. Sampson is aware enough by now to know he has 2 seconds to death if he doesn't move. I wonder how good he could be playing for SDSU. This kid has never had any protection and has been called upon to do circus act throws on normal drives.

Bad news, Macomb has no steakhouses. Good news Sampson hasn't needed their services, like ever, in three years. What I said is true, however if all the film shows the defense stifling other teams runs. Well, we ain't got the 'back and we ain't got the "hogs". 

Is arena football still a thing. I think Sampson could be "POY" in the AFL
Back-peddling and roll out U.

​​​​​tagline for the f'ballers?

wiu712

Game Day Observations:

Starbucks was the only place open at the University Union Food Court.

There used to be 6 Purple "W" pennants flying at the top of the west grandstand.  Only 2 remain:  one at each end of the grandstand.

The Head Referee issued a directive during the 2nd quarter to Western Athletics saying that the loud, recorded music must be turned down once the center handles the ball.