2021-22 Season Previews

beauspencer

Was just reading CBS Sports' full D1 rankings. They provide a small capsule for every D1 team. Unfortunately, their write up on the Leathernecks isn't great...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... 22-season/

305. Western Illinois: One of those programs without a rudder. It claims only one 20-win season (in 2012-13) in the past 35 years. The school is heavily rumored to soon leave the Summit to join the OVC.
sealhall74

beauspencer wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 am Was just reading CBS Sports' full D1 rankings. They provide a small capsule for every D1 team. Unfortunately, their write up on the Leathernecks isn't great...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... 22-season/

305. Western Illinois: One of those programs without a rudder. It claims only one 20-win season (in 2012-13) in the past 35 years. The school is heavily rumored to soon leave the Summit to join the OVC.

The path to 20 and 68 will be a lot easier in the OVC, thats for sure.

Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

I don’t take anything cbs puts out to serious. We basically brought every major contributor and added a couple solid transfers. The summit podcast had us in 5 which I think is much more likely.
wiu712

First home game will be October 27 vs UIS.
wiu712

Non-conference home games (no dates announced at this time):

Ball State
Culver-Stockton
Eastern Illinois
Iowa Wesleyan
Miami-Ohio
Tennessee-Martin

sealhall74

Let the season begin.  I am coming in for the Exhibition on Wed.  I am feeling real good about this season.  I think we have the pieces to match up to our advantage in various ways.  We can go big and average about 6'9 across the front line or we can go small and fast.  Just watched some video of Luka Barisic.  I know it is just highlights but tell me he does not remind you of another guy named Luka (Garza) with the way he can shoot the 3 and put it on the floor and take it to the hoop?

vatusay

So so so optimistic about this year. 

Team has talent at every level.  Including the head coach. 

Considering season tickets for the first time in a while. 

side note, beau, watched your break of bowman baseball. Just hearing your voice there instantly took me back to the ceola/TP days and your calls. 

hopefully we see that level of success this year and western hall can get filled up. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Changed my mind about coming to the UIS game tonight.  Since wife and I are coming down on Friday and staying the night, up early on Saturday for the 5k, FB game later that day, I need to rest my weary bones a bit after my training jog/run this PM.   ;)

Somebody else take good notes tonight and report back.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000