Fall 2021 - Week 8 - at North Dakota

sealhall74

Freaking air tackles bite us once again.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Nice stand by the D after a nice run by UND RB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsgonecks

Does Felner have an injury?  He has been punting pretty weak lately.  He did blast one early, but didn't count when we got the penalty for a first down.

Offense looks sluggish and poor tackling on D.
letsgonecks

Great play calls.....change to sarcastic font!

Push the ball down field over the middle.  I'll live with picks over the middle, but short balls in the flat or shallow crossing routes are weak AF.
letsgonecks

More missed tackles, poor play recognition and forever out coached.

Might be changing my mind on the Elliott firing after the season.

rocki

This is painful. I know we have talented players, but for some reason we look like a high school team too much of the time. Our play-calling sucks. I think we need to ask Santa for a new (really good) coach and staff for Christmas. Pathetic.
rocki

I asked this in another thread, but I'll try it here. What the hell has happened to tackling? Those plays by ND shouldn't have gone nearly as far as they did, but it's like nobody is really trying to stop the ball carrier(s). What's up with that?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:18 pm Great play calls.....change to sarcastic font!

The way I've usually seen that is after you're done writing the sarcastic comment(s), you add a /s (essentially "end sarcasm").

As for the game, I don't think there's anything to say that you guys haven't said. We're looking down the barrel of probably another 1-win season this year. If there isn't an announcement by AD Surprenant by the end of the day 11/22 that we are not renewing Coach Elliott's contract, then the president needs to find a new AD.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Not targeting and a better throw goes for  TD.  Let's see what Ogala can do.
WIU2DC

I feel for the kids and I want them to keep fighting for the rest of the season. However, with that said even if we win out (not gonna happen) we need to move on from Coach Elliot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk