Fall 2021 - Week 9 - vs Illinois State

sealhall74

I am sitting on the east side to soak up the sun. I would estimate crowd on west side at start of 2nd half to be about 300.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Hell of a catch now we need to stop their RB/run game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sealhall74

Rule #1 when attending WIU football in person. Sit on east side close to band so their energy rubs off on you.

Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Nice W boys!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:41 pm Rule #1 when attending WIU football in person. Sit on east side close to band so their energy rubs off on you.

I always do. The only game I've been to since '96 that I haven't was the game a few years ago when we hosted Montana and it was like 90 degrees out. East side was in the sun, west side at least had some shade, so I decided to go see how the "other half" lives.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

I believe the huge upgrade to the Vid/score/sound helps  In Multiple ways, Players can feel proud, officials are held to account, overall sense of well being is upgraded.

There was an absolute athletic catch on the near side line that was completley 50/50 I apologize I forget the receiver...I can play it back. That place was cranking!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:58 pm I believe the huge upgrade to the Vid/score/sound helps  In Multiple ways, Players can feel proud, officials are held to account, overall sense of well being is upgraded.

It is a big improvement, although I have to say that the sound is somewhat lacking. It's loud, but it's all treble...no bass. They probably need a couple of larger speakers to handle that though.

It was really nice to be able to see replays of the close plays and actually be able to see what's going on. Still some glitches to work out with the system though...clocks not starting/stopping at the right time, for example.
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:47 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:wonder what the crowd will be like with MHS having a playoff game today.
Pretty small would be my guess based on the people in the stands now and the number of people I saw in the tailgate area. Maybe 2k tops.

Officially 2,118...which is probably pretty accurate.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Ahh, Cost cutting on the bass?

Bass doesn't cost that much more for drivers, it's the Amplifiers that bring up the cost. It ain't that much, I feel like myself "Henry"  or Scott should be on the Board.

Clearly no one has been to a U of I game or an Iowa game. 
wiu712

408 Total Yards for Western:  298 yards Passing and 110 yards Rushing.

A crowd of only 2,118 for a game with our closest rival is a big disappointment.  Attendance has really dropped off since the games are now live-streamed on ESPN.

The new video board makes the scoreboard portion really look small.
Western_101

wiu712 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:47 pm 408 Total Yards for Western:  298 yards Passing and 110 yards Rushing.

A crowd of only 2,118 f&!@or a game with our closest rival is a big disappointment.  Attendance has really dropped off since the games are now live-streamed on ESPN.

The new video board makes the scoreboard portion really look small.

712.... I'll put our a perspective.....My gut has gottnen bigger, hmmmm that makes my ____ look smaller.