2021/2022 Season - Non-Conference Games

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It's time for some shooty-hoops. The women got underway last night, winning an exhibition against Columbia College (90-56) and tonight the men get rolling with an exhibition against DII UI-Springfield, followed up by another exhibition against DIII Monmouth College next Monday at 6 PM.

Does anyone happen to know if any of the games are available to watch via streaming, either through Leathernecks All-Access or some other source?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

The most excited I've been for a season in a long time. I see us being somewhere between 4-6 in the conference. The top 3 are kind of on there own then there's us USD and UMKC who could finish in any order. I could see coach Jeter being in the running for coach of the year. 
leatherneckcountry

Just watching warm ups we actually look like a D1 team and that’s without a couple important guys even being out there.
wiu712

Western beat UIS 92-80

Will Carius led the Western scoring with 30 points.
4EverPurple&Gold

Anyway to watch the game or get stats from it? 

See nothing on the web besides recap 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 am Anyway to watch the game or get stats from it? 

Scott Holland (McDonough County Voice) has come through with getting the stats sheet for us.

Looks like Quinlan Bennett (Junior Guard Transfer from Lamar), Cam Burrell (Junior Forward), and Ramean Hinton (Freshman Forward) didn't play last night. I know Hinton was briefly off the roster earlier this fall likely due to minor eligibility issues, but hopefully he's able to get back on the court.
wiu712

WIU Men win exhibition opener.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/story/sp ... 577914002/

sealhall74

The only questions I have:

1) Will Will Carius Carry Us?
2) Who steps their game big time to take some load off his back? 

We need balanced inside and outside scoring threats.  We may that this year for the first time in over a decade.

Embrace the pace of the race.
4EverPurple&Gold

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:13 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 am Anyway to watch the game or get stats from it? 

Scott Holland (McDonough County Voice) has come through with getting the stats sheet for us.

Looks like Quinlan Bennett (Junior Guard Transfer from Lamar), Cam Burrell (Junior Forward), and Ramean Hinton (Freshman Forward) didn't play last night. I know Hinton was briefly off the roster earlier this fall likely due to minor eligibility issues, but hopefully he's able to get back on the court.

Thank you! This is great
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

This week, the regular season tips off tomorrow night at Nebraska, then on Friday the Leathernecks return home to take on Culver-Stockton College.

Also, I noticed this. Looks like Kobe might not have a chance to play against his old team: