Fall 2021 - Week 10 - vs South Dakota

sealhall74

Run or short passes againt the wind ease.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Anyone know who that is in the hoodie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sealhall74

A gale behind our back in 4th. Not a lot of wind left in our sails.

sealhall74

Bob could run the ball all day long against us. Chose to experiment a bit with his shaky QB situation.
Must be nice to treat a game like a practice 
Western_101

Can we just mercifully close out the season today? Does the team really have to go to the trouble and EXPENSE of going up to Cedar Falls for an ass kicking in two weeks?

We mercifully shaved off the last two games of our schedule last season I suggest we do likewise with the last meaningless game. Not trying to be a wise guy it will save us money we desperately need and just give UNI the win they need just in forfeit form.

Just a thought.

WIU2DC

Western_101 wrote:Can we just mercifully close out the season today? Does the team really have to go to the trouble and EXPENSE of going up to Cedar Falls for an ass kicking in two weeks?

We mercifully shaved off the last two games of our schedule last season I suggest we do likewise with the last meaningless game. Not trying to be a wise guy it will save us money we desperately need and just give UNI the win they need just in forfeit form.

Just a thought.

Nah, I want the kids to get one last game in. However, you fire Coach Elliot tomorrow and start our search Monday for a new HC for recruiting season. Him missing one game won’t matter.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:05 pm
Western_101 wrote:Can we just mercifully close out the season today? Does the team really have to go to the trouble and EXPENSE of going up to Cedar Falls for an ass kicking in two weeks?

Just a thought.

Nah, I want the kids to get one last game in. However, you fire Coach Elliot tomorrow and start our search Monday for a new HC for recruiting season. Him missing one game won’t matter.

That all depends on what his contract says, but I suppose as long as he gets paid the remainder of his contract for the year, it should be ok to do. At the very least, they could put the word at that he won't be returning as HC next year, so that interested coaches can start getting their applications together.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Today's attendance at Hanson Field = 1,972

That is a very disappointing turnout.  It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon with temps in the low 60's.  

3 observations from South Dakota football's dominant 42-21 win over Western Illinois.
From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
 https://www.argusleader.com/story/sport ... 302565001/

sealhall74

Going to the football game should be primary.  I got there a few minutes late (my bad) and walked by quite a few tailgaters, some were just starting to set their stuff up.  AD needs to shut down tailgating 20 minutes before game starts.  Until that changes, apathy will still abound.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:19 pm Today's attendance at Hanson Field = 1,972

That is a very disappointing turnout.  It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon with temps in the low 60's.  

3 observations from South Dakota football's dominant 42-21 win over Western Illinois.
From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
 https://www.argusleader.com/story/sport ... 302565001/

It was a beautiful day for a game. I don't think you could ask for anything better in a November home football game.
I've been tracking reported home attendance for a while, and now with the last home game over, the total for the season (5 games) was 16,409, which is actually higher than our totals in the previous three seasons (not counting this last spring season), so the highest since 2016. In 2019, we had 15,922 despite actually having 6 home games. We averaged 3282 per game, which is the highest since 2017.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000