Best Way To Watch

letsgonecks

Seal, you old fart.....probably yell at the neighbor kids to stay off your lawn.  I do agree and been my policy for almost 40 years of existence, but understand last nights need to celebrate.  First game of the season as a 17 point dog against a B10 opponent and hitting 2 crazy deep 3's in 20 seconds.  You work hard all off season, you're about to lose a game you should have won and lighting strikes.  Enjoy it for the night, move on, get better and do it again.

Scott mentioned earlier the way the season finished after knocking off Wisconsin and it's a great point.  That was a talented team and like most our teams over the years, they just couldn't seem to finish.  I went back last week and checked the scores that year and there were a ton of games they could have and should have won.  This team looks to have more talent, more scorers, a better coach and that should all lead to more confidence and a better chance not to falter late in the game.   
sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:01 am Seal, you old fart.....probably yell at the neighbor kids to stay off your lawn.  I do agree and been my policy for almost 40 years of existence, but understand last nights need to celebrate.  First game of the season as a 17 point dog against a B10 opponent and hitting 2 crazy deep 3's in 20 seconds.  You work hard all off season, you're about to lose a game you should have won and lighting strikes.  Enjoy it for the night, move on, get better and do it again.

Scott mentioned earlier the way the season finished after knocking off Wisconsin and it's a great point.  That was a talented team and like most our teams over the years, they just couldn't seem to finish.  I went back last week and checked the scores that year and there were a ton of games they could have and should have won.  This team looks to have more talent, more scorers, a better coach and that should all lead to more confidence and a better chance not to falter late in the game.   

Not saying they should not have celebrated.  I probably would have too, caught up in the moment.  Just saying be responsible about it.  Take good care of the people who take care of you.  For the first time in years, I am really looking forward to the upcoming season.  I will be there front and center Friday against Culver-Stockton who is coming in undefeated and could present a challenge.  Making tentative plans for Depaul too.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:08 am Plenty of things to improve on.  For me, it would be handling the pressure/double teams on the perimeter.  We got that deer in headlights look at times.  Not likely to see the quickness that they had in the Summit, but that is the defense the Dakota boys play when push comes to shove.

I saw a couple guys that looked like they were in street clothes, so i assume we have a couple players sitting out with injuries or other reasons, so that should help things also.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:14 am
meganeck wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:03 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:17 pm What a way to start the season. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, so I'll have to go back and check out some highlights. Off to a great start, but I have to remember to temper my expectations...I remember the last time we knocked off a Big 10 opponent to start the season and then went on to finish 10-17 on the season and 3-13 in the conference.

Scott, any idea what the payout from Nebraska was for us to play them. I didn't know if that info is out there like it usually is for football.

Good point about when we beat Wisconsin. I had forgot about how that season turned out.

I haven't seen it listed anywhere. I found an article that talks about college basketball "buy games" and says that the most common payout was $90k. I'd estimate we were a bit lower than that, so maybe somewhere in the $60k-$80k range?

interesting, thanks Scott

meganeck

i know the opponent is not real exciting, but I hope the fans come out Friday to support the team, after their big win.
wiu712

Western was 6 for 14 on Free Throws (43%).  

Nebraska was 23 for 31 on Free Throws (74%).
leatherneckcountry

vatusay

It would be tough to watch the whole game with those guys commentating. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 pm It would be tough to watch the whole game with those guys commentating. 

Agreed i know our announcers are rough sometime but at least ours are college kids trying to get experience i believe these guys are actually supposed to be professionals. 

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:03 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:17 pm What a way to start the season. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, so I'll have to go back and check out some highlights. Off to a great start, but I have to remember to temper my expectations...I remember the last time we knocked off a Big 10 opponent to start the season and then went on to finish 10-17 on the season and 3-13 in the conference.

Scott, any idea what the payout from Nebraska was for us to play them. I didn't know if that info is out there like it usually is for football.

Good point about when we beat Wisconsin. I had forgot about how that season turned out.

Found your answer:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000