Head Coaching Search

letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:40 am
Cubby1 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:37 am Reading through some of these suggestions like Danny Rocco I think that might be a bit of a stretch financially. This position probably ends up around maybe 150-200k per yer year right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be about where we're at, yes. I don't know if Rocco would be a good fit for us or not, but while he did make quite a bit at Delaware, he was fired from that job, so a step down in pay is not necessarily unwarranted.

Pay might be an obstacle, but biggest question would be what he son has to say about WIU.  Is there talent coming back, can we recruit, can we turn this team around to a winner in short fashion?  The chance to coach in the top FCS conference might entice him, but not losing.  If David feels strongly about the potential at WIU and Danny's nest egg is solid, making middle 6 figures the last 10 years, we could have a shot?

Is he the guy, I don't know, but him showing interest would mean our Coach Rocco feels we're close.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Mid to Late December is the projected hiring timeline from AD Surprenant's presentation today at the BOT meeting. Sounds like they're still accepting and evaluating candidates.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Can you give me the address of the BOT meeting yesterday and today if possible.  Want to listen to Danielle's presentation. ;)
 jc
wiu712

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:44 pm Can you give me the address of the BOT meeting yesterday and today if possible.  Want to listen to Danielle's presentation. ;)
 jc

GV Dad

Great dialogue and questions after her presentation.  The 4:39:00 mark is a good place to start listening.  
sealhall74

Glad the conference question came in to play, albeit a bit subtly.  I wonder which comes first, the conferene announcement one way or the other, or the coach decision.  Or maybe both at the same time?

Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 am Glad the conference question came in to play, albeit a bit subtly.  I wonder which comes first, the conference announcement one way or the other, or the coach decision.  Or maybe both at the same time?

I'm confused. I know it's been mentioned on the boards, but I wasn't aware that the conference talk had gone higher than that. Since Danielle used the MVFC as a potential draw for coaching candidates, what are the chances we won't stick with it?
leatherneckcountry

rocki wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:58 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:22 am Glad the conference question came in to play, albeit a bit subtly.  I wonder which comes first, the conference announcement one way or the other, or the coach decision.  Or maybe both at the same time?

I'm confused. I know it's been mentioned on the boards, but I wasn't aware that the conference talk had gone higher than that. Since Danielle used the MVFC as a potential draw for coaching candidates, what are the chances we won't stick with it?

Maybe I read to much into the president's comments but he said he was leading one way a few months ago and his opinion has changed. I took it as they were leaning toward the OVC but now there more toward staying put.
rocki

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:08 pm
rocki wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Maybe I read to much into the president's comments but he said he was leading one way a few months ago and his opinion has changed. I took it as they were leaning toward the OVC but now there more toward staying put.

I thought the OVC was starting to fall apart anyway from what I'd read here. I hope they can get someone who can revitalize the program and get us back to competitive shape for the MVFC.
GV Dad

You definitely have a different pool of Coaching candidates if you aren’t committed to staying in the Valley for football. The AD made a point to mention that Valley draw in her presentation. My guess is the Prez was leaning towards leaving until they began the coaching search. I also think the football Alums are in favor of staying put.