South Dakota WBB

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

South Dakota is hosting #1 ranked South Carolina tonight. Game is on ESPN News at 6pm

sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 am South Dakota is hosting #1 ranked South Carolina tonight. Game is on ESPN News at 6pm

They are playing it at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls.  I wish we had a mens and womens double dip at the TaxSlayer in the QC a couple times each season.  If i was AD, that would make the top 10 list of things to try out for size.  Coexistence with a recruiting fair there could not hurt much either.

Embrace the pace of the race.
OldHare

meganeck wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 am South Dakota is hosting #1 ranked South Carolina tonight. Game is on ESPN News at 6pm

They just lost a nail biter in Vermillion to Oklahoma.  The yotes are set up for a tough OOC. 

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:31 am

They are playing it at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls.  I wish we had a mens and womens double dip at the TaxSlayer in the QC a couple times each season.  If i was AD, that would make the top 10 list of things to try out for size.  Coexistence with a recruiting fair there could not hurt much either.

Even better if it's a game we are fairly evenly matched up in (like...Iowa is nearby, but 9 times out of 10 they're going to steamroll us). Maybe Northern Illinois? Idk about a couple times in the season, but once a year would be nice. Try for a Saturday Women/Men double-header. Charter some buses to get students from Macomb to the Quad Cities.
OldHare wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:45 amThey just lost a nail biter in Vermillion to Oklahoma.  The yotes are set up for a tough OOC.

That's just amazing that USD was able to get both Oklahoma and South Carolina to come to South Dakota. I realize the USC game is up the road a bit, but it's still an away game for them. They also have OOC games against Northwestern, Texas A&M, Pitt (those three at a thanksgiving tournament in the Virgin Islands), hosting Wichita State from the AAC, Bradley and Valpo from the MVC, and play at Creighton.
The men's schedule seems a bit more "standard" for a school at our level.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Seal, I like this idea of playing a game there. If not a double header at least one game a year.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:57 pm

Seal, I like this idea of playing a game there. If not a double header at least one game a year.

A 2-day tournament-like affair involving Iowa, UNI, NIU, and WIU not a bad idea either.  Call it the "Cornbelt Classic".  Everyone within a couple hours drive give or take.

Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

ESPN news is still a thing?

I haven't seen it in many years. I thought cable/ESPN offered the Mothership, the Deuce and U. Then of course 3 and + when streaming.